Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By Pengu!
But rp isnt supose to be as realistic as possible its suppose to be fun
The problem is abusing /rescueover to use to your advantage to avoid dying, then re-rescuing when the kidnapper is right next to you.
By Scroffel5
But rp isnt supose to be as realistic as possible its suppose to be fun
The problem is abusing /rescueover to use to your advantage to avoid dying, then re-rescuing when the kidnapper is right next to you.
I rarely see that. I used to be a Police Officer on #10. When people would /rescue they would rescue them if they could. 9/10 of the times, everyone died. The other 1/10 times we just couldn't get in. Sure, people could do that, but that's the problem with commands. Go one way, such as giving a cool down, and its basically a cops vs kidnappers arena shooter. You die, you die, and you can't save the hostage afterwards. Every cop dies and the hostage dies. Go the other way and don't use a cooldown, and people abuse it.

That's why I say we need to stop using commands, because we rely on them too much. Without commands, a kidnapper holds a person for ransom, and if you come close to their building, you get shot or shot at. If you are a cop, you get put down.
By Pengu!
I rarely see that. I used to be a Police Officer on #10. When people would /rescue they would rescue them if they could. 9/10 of the times, everyone died. The other 1/10 times we just couldn't get in. Sure, people could do that, but that's the problem with commands. Go one way, such as giving a cool down, and its basically a cops vs kidnappers arena shooter. You die, you die, and you can't save the hostage afterwards. Every cop dies and the hostage dies. Go the other way and don't use a cooldown, and people abuse it.

That's why I say we need to stop using commands, because we rely on them too much. Without commands, a kidnapper holds a person for ransom, and if you come close to their building, you get shot or shot at. If you are a cop, you get put down.
Come to 13
By Burnt
1. Kidnapper can /kidnapover and avoid dying themselves, even after they’ve killed multiple cops, in which you’d have gained profit even if you let the hostage go.
2. The police are meant to simulate a police force, thus allowing them to come back and act as “back-up” and continue to push.
3. You can change the pricing on hostages based on how “popular” one might be and have a better chance at gaining a ransom at 500bb rather than 2000bb
4. You being scared of “police abuse” is a valid point, as you’re committing a crime you know is wrong and you’re trying to avoid death, while gaining a profit you have to deal with some risk, that being the whole concept of a “police force”.
5. Realistically not EVERYONE pushes forward in a police force, some sit back for more back-up or to see how team 1 is doing before sending in more.

If you don’t like how it is, change your role and do something with less risk and less reward.

Although I don’t think police shouldn’t be able to have explosives, if everyone else can’t have them either, that’s just not right.

:chillpanda:
MattCobra liked this
By Scroffel5
1. Kidnapper can /kidnapover and avoid dying themselves, even after they’ve killed multiple cops, in which you’d have gained profit even if you let the hostage go.
2. The police are meant to simulate a police force, thus allowing them to come back and act as “back-up” and continue to push.
3. You can change the pricing on hostages based on how “popular” one might be and have a better chance at gaining a ransom at 500bb rather than 2000bb
4. You being scared of “police abuse” is a valid point, as you’re committing a crime you know is wrong and you’re trying to avoid death, while gaining a profit you have to deal with some risk, that being the whole concept of a “police force”.
5. Realistically not EVERYONE pushes forward in a police force, some sit back for more back-up or to see how team 1 is doing before sending in more.

If you don’t like how it is, change your role and do something with less risk and less reward.

Although I don’t think police shouldn’t be able to have explosives, if everyone else can’t have them either, that’s just not right.

:chillpanda:
You covered all those points nicely. If you are gonna commit a crime in a circumstance where you already have the advantage, don't blame the cops as being unfair if they can at any time stop their /rescue and run away. You are the one committing the crime. Deal with the repercussions of your actions, and deal with it. You are already sitting in an armored and guarded building. When they break in, you just have to shoot them. You can camp wherever you want. The cops are coming in to save the hostage. This to me is the problem with commands. If you rely on commands, you can only do such and such as long as the commands allow for it. It doesn't really encourage you to think as much for yourself as generating a new type of scenario and dealing with it such as someone in that scenario would choose to deal with the problem.
MattCobra liked this
By MemeOverlord
The reason that police can come back is actually thought out. Its To simulate the size of an actual police force. Eventually they are going to just keep calling in new cops from state police and the military. There is nowhere near that amount of manpower on the criminal side. The police are going to be calling in more reinforcements, aka the people that decide to come back after spawning. Bandit and kidnapping already have advantages, and police's really only unfair advantage is a kill warrant. Arrests give them nothing worth loot(while kidnappers can get bamboo, a starved hostage, or dead cops gear during a rescue)(And bandits get the guys gun and whatever was in the backpack when he takes it off). The goal is to show that the police wouldn't just give up, they would keep bringing in new backup and constantly be attacking the kidnapper(However in real life they are more likely to comply with the kidappers demands with the threat of the kidnapper killing the hostage at any time)
+1

The police force would be calling in every officer in this situation, as well as SWAT and the military. It's completely fair for them to come back.
By Burnt
Quick Update: After speaking to a few players and staff members, we realized that our cooldowns for the /rescue command needed to be changed. We have applied the following changes to both RP servers:

Rescueing:
Rescue Cooldown = Changed from 0 to 10 minutes
Rescue Assist Cooldown = Changed from 1 minute to 5 minutes
Rescue Over Cooldown = Changed from 0 to 5 minutes
Topic locked.
Mushy liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!