Community-Created RP Guides, Tips and Tutorials!
By MattCobra
DISCLAIMER : BEFORE I START THIS POST, THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO START ANY DRAMA, THIS IS TO HELP POLITICIANS WHO WOULD LIKE TO RUN FOR MAYOR

Hello everyone, my name is Matt and today I will be teaching you all how to be a successful politician and Mayor.

Part 1: Campaigns. Now I know what you're thinking, in real life real politicians put campaign signs and campaign ads EVERYWHERE. Whilst the occasional sign will help and make people think that you're actually putting effort into your campaign, if you go HAM with the signs you will be extremely unpopular. Signs can lag people and honestly get annoying. A huge problem is placing signs in regions, these can annoy people so much and even get yourself banned - nobody wants to vote for a Mayor that is banned all the time.

Part 2: Getting into office. Congrats! You've made it! You've become the Mayor of PEI/Washington and won the election (or the person who actually won resigned but shhhhhhhh ! Now, I'm going to assume this is your first term and let me say this - FIRST IMPRESSIONS MATTER SO MUCH if you even think about getting another term, you better make your first one legendary. This was actually a problem for me, my first term was average/below average (I'm admitting it) however I think my second term is going 10X better than my first one. I think that I didn't win the most recent election because of my first term. Point is, being Mayor is super hard and you need to put as much effort as you can to win another term

Also, you want to pick your ministers wisely. These people are part of your Mayor's cabinet and are there to help you no matter what. In my first term, I didn't offer a salary and note, if you want the finest ministers, you want to pay your ministers top dollar. However, you don't want to pay inactive ministers who do nothing, you want the ministers to help you no matter what. If you're in PEI, use the Mayor's estate and give all your ministers their own office.

Part 3: Being a good Mayor. Let me say this, who/what makes a good Mayor is all up to you however most people want Mayor's who can eradicate crime, make laws and strengthen the police for whilst also helping business out. This perfect Mayor, doesn't exist (even though Klockman exists). Whilst there's many different type of Mayors, I'm going to dumb them all down to 3 types of Mayors
  • Police's best friend
  • Business' best friend
  • Corrupt
Honestly, I think I'm more of a Police's best friend type of Mayor however I have seen a few of both options. Both of the options, apply to different types of people but I would highly advise staying away from the Corrupt type. You can be impeached and demoted from your Mayor role. This can be extremely problematic if you elect a corrupt Mayor. Not only will it mean that you'll never be re elected, it means that your reputation in the PandaHut community will be tarnished.

Part two on how to seek a second term will come out at the end of my term as Mayor.

Made possible by the PEI Mayor's office.
By Klockmann
Awesome thread, giving a lot of good tips and advice to upcomming candidates.
I like this, nice work Mayor Matt!
MattCobra liked this
By Fox said die
The real question is that because there are alot of crimes going on and drug deals, etc, what are you going to do about it? Give the cops gear, fund the cops more money, have specific training protocols, etc. Right now you're just keeping the way the PSD runs the same (and let me say it's not going too well). :emo:

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!