Community-Created RP Guides, Tips and Tutorials!
By TrippL
Introduction:

This is a not a guide on how to solve problems, (but I will throw in a few ideas) it's going to show you almost everything you will run into while being a Mayor. I was only mayor for 1 term at the time I made this post so I may not have covered everything and this is all just from my experience.

Getting into office:

This is the first battle you will face and sadly, for most people it will be the only battle as they won't be elected. In order to beat out the competition you have to:
  • state what is wrong with the current laws/mayor
  • state how you will fix it
  • state what makes you a better candidate than the others
  • respect other candidates
  • cope with being attacked by other candidates
  • making promises you can keep
Laws

The first thing you have to accomplish as mayor is creating a law-book. Here are my tips on how to create a solid one.
  • look at the existing law-books of both Washington and PEI
  • give yourself a lot of time in order to create a well thought out lawbook
  • decide what type of people your laws on crimes are targeting and then decide the punishment
  • revise it many times
  • let the public decide what they dislike about it before making it official
Finances

Knowing how much bamboo the city will bring in is key to deciding how much money to spend on certain things. I did a study over 15 days on Washington and it Averaged out to 10,480 bamboo a day, this results in 314,400 bamboo over the entire month (30 days.) Keep in mind that the number for PEI is lower as less players go on #13 (i'd guess 125,000 to 225,000 a month.)

Some ideas on what to spend the bamboo on are:
  • police groups
  • raid insurance
  • shop funding
  • people finding drug bases
  • a town hall
  • generators
  • a homeless shelter
remember that you shouldn't spend money on something you or the people will not use.

Police

Police play a huge part in keeping crime down. Make sure to get officers and groups motivated to do their job by working directly with them. They are also a great source to ask if you need help creating laws.

Criminals

One way to tell that you're doing a good job is for criminal roles to tell you to resign, your bad, ect... This proves that they have taken a direct hit from your presence and instead of an insult, you should take is as a compliment. Some criminals will run the gamut on trying to make you feel bad or change laws that have negatively affected them. The best way to find out if something you did was bad is to ask police or other non-criminal roles about how you are doing. Another major thing with criminals is that they will try to bribe you to change laws, hide their drug farm, and even votes for elections. The most important thing about being mayor is to be honest. I can promise you that players would rather have a shitty mayor who never lied than a good mayor who lied all the time.

Outro

Here is where I would normally put motivational quotes but someone who I think should be mayor is someone who doesn't need them and can run off purely there own drive and use people who say you can;t do it as your motivation.
By Social Skillz
Introduction:

This is a not a guide on how to solve problems, (but I will throw in a few ideas) it's going to show you almost everything you will run into while being a Mayor. I was only mayor for 1 term at the time I made this post so I may not have covered everything and this is all just from my experience.

Getting into office:

This is the first battle you will face and sadly, for most people it will be the only battle as they won't be elected. In order to beat out the competition you have to:
Laws

The first thing you have to accomplish as mayor is creating a law-book. Here are my tips on how to create a solid one.
  • decide what type of people your laws on crimes are targeting and then decide the punishment
  • revise it many times
Finances

Knowing how much bamboo the city will bring in is key to deciding how much money to spend on certain things. I did a study over 15 days on Washington and it Averaged out to 10,480 bamboo a day, this results in 314,400 bamboo over the entire month (30 days.) Keep in mind that the number for PEI is lower as less players go on #13 (i'd guess 125,000 to 225,000 a month.)

• police groups
  • raid insurance
  • shop funding
  • a town hall
  • generators
  • a homeless shelter
remember that you shouldn't spend money on something you or the people will not use.

Police

Police play a huge part in keeping crime down. Make sure to get officers and groups motivated to do their job by working directly with them. They are also a great source to ask if you need help creating laws.

Criminals

One way to tell that you're doing a good job is for criminal roles to tell you to resign, your bad, ect... This proves that they have taken a direct hit from your presence and instead of an insult, you should take is as a compliment. Some criminals will run the gamut on trying to make you feel bad or change laws that have negatively affected them. The best way to find out if something you did was bad is to ask police or other non-criminal roles about how you are doing. Another major thing with criminals is that they will try to bribe you to change laws, hide their drug farm, and even votes for elections. The most important thing about being mayor is to be honest. I can promise you that players would rather have a shitty mayor who never lied than a good mayor who lied all the time.

Outro

Here is where I would normally put motivational quotes but someone who I think should be mayor is someone who doesn't need them and can run off purely there own drive and use people who say you can;t do it as your motivation.
Whos that person that you think should be mayor HMMM?
you can tell me in dms because im a curious person or just say 'its a secret' dont care kbye
By The Duke II
Orange no offence but you have no idea of the mayor role. If anything i should make this thread as i have been pandhauts longest serving mayor.
Mr AJ liked this
By Social Skillz
Will you two stop bantering? Duke your making me think of you negatively again. How long you've been something doesnt matter, also your signature 'Next #10 Mayor' puts something out. Your actually making me upset, but your turning into a jerk. This is no way to prove you should run for mayor. I'm trying to make a strong friendship with Orange and you Duke, but you just dont seem interested in anyone but yourself.
TrippL liked this
By Danny Dog
Orange no offence but you have no idea of the mayor role. If anything i should make this thread as i have been pandhauts longest serving mayor.

And the worst. Lmao. Seriously though you can’t hate on Orange because he had the idea
TrippL liked this
By nir_master
In advance I'm sorry to be going offtopic here but I find funny the same person who said "respect is key, agreed." Is not able to follow through with that so if you your gonna criticize anyone on being mayor, someone who is expected to keep their words, please see it that you fix your mistakes before commenting on others.
TrippL liked this
By tMoist
Keep arguing to a minimal lads, and tbh, I would like to see Duke make a guide, see his take on how to mayor :P
The Duke II liked this
By The Duke II
Keep arguing to a minimal lads, and tbh, I would like to see Duke make a guide, see his take on how to mayor :P
Ill be making one but it will be way better and longer than oranges based on experience
By wonslowcar
Introduction:

Getting into office:

Laws

• revise it many times
Finances

• police groups
  • raid insurance
  • shop funding
  • a town hall
  • generators
  • a homeless shelter

Police

Criminals

Outro

I tell you to resign because your a generally bad mayor, not because your failed police group hurt the Mafia.
By Aren
Further arguing will result in a lock.
All posts containing arguing have been deleted

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!