Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By OtterPope
[img]http://i.imgur.com/RUSZVuo.png[/img]
The UberDriver is the least played and probably the most useless role in the RP servers.
It's not a surprise either as the role gets no special privileges when compared to the other roles.
They have no items locked to their role, can't even buy vehicle related items that you would usually need as an uber,
and they can only purchase sedans, taxis, and buses. Finally, the fact that no one even drives unless they can't find
someone to TPA to, want to show off their car, have loot in their car, or the extremely rare case... they're actually roleplaying.

"Otter, you're not about to suggest we remove TPA, are you?"
No, definitely not. It's an extremely useful tool and too many people like it to ever have it changed;
however, if the TPA command was changed to group members only... it might influence people to actually drive or hire an... UBERDRIVER!

So, how do we go about fixing up the worst role in the server? Here's a short list of ideas:
  • First off, allow UberDrivers to purchase important vehicle related items such as carjacks, blowtorches, tires, and batteries (perhaps even stealies).
    Next, add a way for long-term UberDriver jobs. Uberdrivers should be able to be hired just like bodyguards where you hire them for x amount to be your personal driver for 1 hour.
    Finally, add more vehicles to the uberdriver list. They get sedans, taxis, and buses... they should be allowed to purchase other vehicles such as autos, hatchbacks, runabouts, and hummingbirds.
    They should honestly just get every civilian like car.

Mechanic isn't going to go out of style cause of these changes. Why? Because they still have tanks, apcs, helicopters, and all of the not-so-normal civilian vehicles and a lot of other items/vehicles. I've also thought about people being hired as personal drivers being allowed to defend or do something to help their boss besides drive them around. Maybe assist in kidnapping and robberies? I guess people would just go a criminal role for that though.

In the end, I'm just looking for a way to improve this role.
Last edited by OtterPope on September 3rd, 2019, 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr AJ, Sp4x liked this
By ILoveMoMo
+1 Remove the perms of other role for buying vehicle , only uber driver and mechanic can buy , and make the tpa cooldown to 15 min per tpa or even remove the tpa
OtterPope liked this
By Miku
To start off, #13 won't have TPA. It'll def stay on #10 though per popular request.

To actually address this, I'm not too fond of the idea of letting uber driver buy carjacks, blowtorches, tires, more civil vehicles, etc. It could make them more powerful than mechanics (mechanics only being rly needed for more high-end vehicles) and Uber drivers would be the new civilian mechanic per-say.
Making them hirable like Guards kind of makes them more like Designated Drivers then actual Uber Drivers anyway.

They can also both be get-away drivers and get punished within law/rules for being get-away drivers anyway.
By OtterPope
So, I guess just let uber drivers remain the clown role that people only play as if they don't know how bad it is or are just joking around? Cause it's beyond garbage. u_u
By Miku
So, I guess just let uber drivers remain the clown role that people only play as if they don't know how bad it is or are just joking around? Cause it's beyond garbage. u_u
That's not really a counter-argument against any of the things I said, but regardless what would you expect? In real life, Uber Drivers are nothing but normal people who sign up on an app and get ordered to drive people around. There's no special stuff they need to do their job or any real gate. This is perfectly reflected in-game, the role does something anyone can do with a few very benefits.

I understand it's useless, but maybe it's not the actual roles fault.
By OtterPope
That's not really a counter-argument against any of the things I said, but regardless what would you expect? In real life, Uber Drivers are nothing but normal people who sign up on an app and get ordered to drive people around. There's no special stuff they need to do their job or any real gate. This is perfectly reflected in-game, the role does something anyone can do with a few very benefits.

You can't really use the argument of it being a perfect reflection of a real uber driver either because what mechanics are going around selling tanks, blimps, attack helicopters, or warships? Not to mention you actually think giving Uberdrivers the option to buy a few more civilian cars will run the mechanics out of town? Uberdrivers are not only a donator rank, but they'd also only have access to simple civilian cars that a lot of roles can already purchase!
I was just hoping to give uberdrivers something to bring to the big-boy table so that I actually see them more than 2 times in my entire time on Pandahut and one time was from someone who was just messing around.
By Miku
That's not a counter-argument against any of the things I said, but regardless what would you expect? In real life, Uber Drivers are nothing but normal people who sign up on an app and get ordered to drive people around. There's no special stuff they need to do their job or any real gate. This is perfectly reflected in-game, the role does something anyone can do with a few very benefits.

You can't use the argument of it being a perfect reflection of a real uber driver either because what mechanics are going around selling tanks, blimps, attack helicopters, or warships? Not to mention you think to give Uber drivers the option to buy a few more civilian cars will run the mechanics out of town? Uber drivers are not only a donator rank, but they'd also only have access to simple civilian cars that a lot of roles can already purchase!
I was just hoping to give uber drivers something to bring to the big-boy table so that I see them more than 2 times in my entire time on Pandahut and one time was from someone who was just messing around.
We don't make every single role with the idea of it being focused on realism. Uber driver, however, was made to directly mimic a specific job at a specific company.

I don't think you can fix uber drivers by just letting them buy a bunch of cars and more items, they're just fundamentally flawed. Anyone can be a taxi driver/uber driver both in-game and real life. They have very little special and redeeming qualities. We could just get rid of the role and let anyone be a taxi driver (like they can right now - you can't scam people, remember) or try to shape it into something else like a get-away driver with special perks. Maybe make them into a specialized transport driver that can drive prisoners or drive supplies to people, giving them access to some sort of special license to be able to do that, or something else that no one else can do.
By Javi-kun
Maybe make it a side role people can take on when they want to take a break from their main role,that would be nice.
By Cookie
I think the only way to make it semi usefull wloud be to remove the ability from most roles to buy cars

Buut i think thats a stupid idea
By wonslowcar
you really dont understand why no one plays uber driver.
p much every role already has access to buying some sort of vehicle, the problem isnt the fact that the uber driver role doesnt have like all the fancy cars, it's that it gets outshined.

This has been suggested before, and imo it was a good idea but instead of giving some new cars, just limit the amount of cars the other roles can buy. This is the same reason why sometimes it's hard to find a mechanic. There are some roles that have access to vehicles that are not at all correlated but some roles who should get vehicles who dont have em. dk if it's already been done since i dont play, but whatever
(side note, imo it should be a non donator role since the payoff is a good starter thing but yk it's fine)

also for fuck sakes stop using that stupid ass font
Cookie, Sp4x liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!