Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By NeedlessMemeing
So in RP, police can search buildings but the occupant may choose to not let the officer in. If the Mayor gives permission for a search, then they player has to let them in or the base gets police raided. In real life, judges can basically do the same thing when it comes to search warrants.

Now my justification for this is that judges are an elected role, like Mayor, and therefore knows what they are doing. Giving a search warrant would require sending pictures of the base, following the same rules as mayors. More justification comes from the ability for search warrants to happen faster if the Mayor isn't on but a judge is.
Longey13 liked this
By Yoshi
+1 this is how it works IRL so we should do this
By Scroffel5
The idea of having the MAYOR, the one mayor of the server even give the cops police warrants was such a stupid idea, and I hope whoever came up with it reads this post. You simply can't have 1 person give out the needed search warrants, because that person is still only one person. They aren't always on. Judges aren't always on, but at least it makes it more realistic, and will give more incentive for people to apply to be a Judge. Not pertaining to search warrants, there was a guy yesterday who wanted a Judge on so that he could sue someone for doing something wrong that wasn't against the rules. There needs to be more Judges. I'd love to apply if I wasn't already declined.
Longey13 liked this
By Longey13
+1, this is realistic
By Mushy
We discuss this idea with RP higher ups and get back to you guys.
NeedlessMemeing liked this
By NeedlessMemeing
We discuss this idea with RP higher ups and get back to you guys.
Thanks!
something something bank robberies
By Mushy
So in RP, police can search buildings but the occupant may choose to not let the officer in. If the Mayor gives permission for a search, then they player has to let them in or the base gets police raided. In real life, judges can basically do the same thing when it comes to search warrants.

Now my justification for this is that judges are an elected role, like Mayor, and therefore knows what they are doing. Giving a search warrant would require sending pictures of the base, following the same rules as mayors. More justification comes from the ability for search warrants to happen faster if the Mayor isn't on but a judge is.
We have noticed that the Judge role is not frequently used despite being a fundamental part of RP. It also makes sense for Judges to give out warrants, as long as they don't give it to themselves.

We are working on a way to balance this idea into RP, along with a way to allow Judges to pick a secondary role, which would be neutral and exclude outlaw roles such as bandit, kidnapper, etc. We're shooting for it to work similar to the /mod command, where you can toggle the Judge role on and off, as long as you have been accepted.

Stay tuned for further updates on this idea. Thank you for your suggestion!

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!