Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By Pengu!

I’m sorry, what?

The fact that we can constantly rescue is to reenact a real life police department and if anything, YOU have the advantage.

You have cover and a building protecting you, we have to stand out in the open.

You have the ability to stay 50M away from the base and you hide on rooftops to get shots on us, which really makes no sense.

Overall, a cool down is stupid as a group of kidnappers not in the same base could easily succeed.
The reason that police can come back is actually thought out. Its To simulate the size of an actual police force. Eventually they are going to just keep calling in new cops from state police and the military. There is nowhere near that amount of manpower on the criminal side. The police are going to be calling in more reinforcements, aka the people that decide to come back after spawning. Bandit and kidnapping already have advantages, and police's really only unfair advantage is a kill warrant. Arrests give them nothing worth loot(while kidnappers can get bamboo, a starved hostage, or dead cops gear during a rescue)(And bandits get the guys gun and whatever was in the backpack when he takes it off). The goal is to show that the police wouldn't just give up, they would keep bringing in new backup and constantly be attacking the kidnapper(However in real life they are more likely to comply with the kidappers demands with the threat of the kidnapper killing the hostage at any time)
These arguments only argue about 1/4 of the point and only obfuscate what Needless said.
By Fuzzy
By Cookie
I wont take any sides but i think pengu is talking about balance of the actual game not realism
pvt amar, Mr AJ liked this
By pvt amar
Kidnappers only have 1 life in a Kidnapping which is realistic, unlike Police. A kidnapper can be by himself with the hostage in the base and 5 cops could rescue. He could kill maybe 3 cops, but then the rest of his cop friends can just rescue over and tp their friends back and they all can just re-rescue. The kidnapper could even kill all 5 of the cops but then they can come back and just keep rescuing. It is unrealistic and not fair because the kidnapper never has a chance to shut out the cops, and basically it goes until the kidnapper dies. Cops can also just /rescueover to avoid getting killed by a kidnapper, if they are in a firefight. This is completely unfair and should be subject to change.

Here is my suggestion to the server:

-Cops should get a 10 or 15 minute cooldown after rescuing.

They still have the opportunity to re-rescue but it makes it more fair to the kidnapper to win.
I doubt a cop would +1 this only because they want to keep this massive unfair advantage.
+1 i bet no cop here will say +1 to this because of course its against them. But the rescue with no cooldown is too abusive. In a real life situation the cop wont respawn after dying and come back and rescue again. The kidnappers cannot hold forever especially that they cannot kill the kidnapee. Some cops even abuse the command by rescuing over, getting close to kidnapper then rescuing and killing them right away. This is the complete opposite of rp and makes the cops in a very high advantage. It'll be better if example if the cop die he cant rescue again/ rescue has cooldow
Mr AJ liked this
By pvt amar
The reason that police can come back is actually thought out. Its To simulate the size of an actual police force. Eventually they are going to just keep calling in new cops from state police and the military. There is nowhere near that amount of manpower on the criminal side. The police are going to be calling in more reinforcements, aka the people that decide to come back after spawning. Bandit and kidnapping already have advantages, and police's really only unfair advantage is a kill warrant. Arrests give them nothing worth loot(while kidnappers can get bamboo, a starved hostage, or dead cops gear during a rescue)(And bandits get the guys gun and whatever was in the backpack when he takes it off). The goal is to show that the police wouldn't just give up, they would keep bringing in new backup and constantly be attacking the kidnapper(However in real life they are more likely to comply with the kidappers demands with the threat of the kidnapper killing the hostage at any time)
Then what about the cops /rescueover then getting close to kidnapper and calling and killing right away. that's not very rp and they dont get sanction for it.
"To simulate the size of an actual police force" how bout u make it with time. 5 or 10 min to rescue or pay the ransom or the hostage die?
By Scroffel5
And this whole post justifies why the RP rules are stupid. A kidnapper who only wants PvP is technically police baiting. They have the advantage because they are behind locked doors. You want to get in? You have to raid them. What are they doing while you raid? A few of them are sitting outside the base, a few inside the base guarding the doors, waiting to shoot you when you break that door. At one point some were even repairing the door while it was being raided. The hostage is dying of food and hunger at this point, and the cops can't do anything about it even if they respawn.

A kidnapper asked me, "Can I beat the prisoner?" I automatically thought, "Well duh. He's a prisoner and that gives incentive to rescue, plus adding to FearRP." What does the admin say? "No thats a stupid question. You can't attempt KOS anyone or RDM." Attempt KOS means you are attempting to kill someone on sight, not just damaging them. But suppose their is a timer until the kidnappers can kill the hostage if they don't get their ransom. Say it overlaps with the 10-15 minute cooldown timer of a rescue. The only thing a cop can do is pay the bounty to save the hostage. They have lost all their raiding gear, so they can't go back in. That is their only option. Say the ransom was 2k. You have to pay 2k plus whatever it costed for your raiding gear.

Let's try to liken this to a real life scenario. Say the cops can't get in the rescue the hostages, so they give the kidnappers their money, food, and safe passage to get away. What do the cops do next? They get the hostages safe, then they move to retrieve the kidnappers. Say they do. They get the money that they just gave them back, plus whatever else was given them. Is that the same in Pandahut? Of course not. If you pay them, they keep your 2k bamboo, do a /kidnapover on the hostages, and get away safely. There should really be a "heat cooldown" in place. If someone pays the ransom, the kidnappers have to get away and lay low for a set amount of time. If they die within that time, the cop who paid the ransom should get their money back. The kidnappers, if also asked for a vehicle and given that or a jet or whatever, they have to unlock it and give it back if they die within that time, otherwise they keep it. There should also be rules that you can't hide in a base with locked doors, because that would also be unfair.

So in all, this post gives kidnappers an even bigger advantage, since if I am not mistaken, are they not already allowed to kill the hostage if they don't get their ransom? They also use kidnaps as an excuse to PvP, which is even stupider in my opinion. There doesn't need to be a cooldown for cops if what I suggest here is implemented, just a few more things to go along with it to make it all work. I really just want Pandahut to be more realistic in it's approach to matters like this. You shouldn't need to rely on commands to say what is fair and just. Just apply common sense instead of blindly following rules that apply less and less every time they are mentioned.
pvt amar, Mr AJ liked this
By pvt amar
dude your a 100% right if PH was like that i would play 24/24 and most people too. The most close to real life the better it is.
By Scroffel5
I agree. If we could be as realistic as possible, we truly would be "role playing." We don't need to think like a game. We need to think like ourselves and the people of the roles we are playing as. We need to do the same things in the real world that we would do in the game.
Mr AJ liked this
By Cookie
I agree. If we could be as realistic as possible, we truly would be "role playing." We don't need to think like a game. We need to think like ourselves and the people of the roles we are playing as. We need to do the same things in the real world that we would do in the game.
But rp isnt supose to be as realistic as possible its suppose to be fun

Look at other rp servers with rules like that oh wait they are all empty
By Scroffel5
But rp isnt supose to be as realistic as possible its suppose to be fun

Look at other rp servers with rules like that oh wait they are all empty
That's stupid. RP can be realistic AND fun. The more realistic, the more fun. And there are very little to no RP servers with rules I suggest, because they don't believe they can pull it off. Y'know what is easy? A multiple choice test. You can either choose A, B, or C. That's what Pandahut is. You can only do blank, blank, or blank, but if you do blank and blank, you get banned. There needs to be more Free RP, like a question where you get to enter your own answer. Those tests need more thought into your answer, but it's more fun to answer. Also, it is called RP, aka ROLEPLAY. We are supposed to play a role from real life or fiction, and do the things said role would do. Roleplay is made to be realistic, because we are playing roles that we can identify with and that we like. We all know what a Police Officer does, what a Firefighter does, and what a Builder does. We know that. How do we know? We saw it from real life. If some things of real life are kept out and others are encouraged, it would be more fun than having everything structured. You don't really have to think as much if the outline is right there for you to follow. Now, some things aren't fun, like paying taxes. We can leave that out unless there is valid reason to introduce them. There are valid reasons for having them in the real world too, but it won't be any fun in a game.

So in conclusion, just because something is realistic doesn't mean it isn't fun. Pandahut has some realism to it, but it's still for the most part fun.
pvt amar liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!