Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By Pengu!
Kidnappers only have 1 life in a Kidnapping which is realistic, unlike Police. A kidnapper can be by himself with the hostage in the base and 5 cops could rescue. He could kill maybe 3 cops, but then the rest of his cop friends can just rescue over and tp their friends back and they all can just re-rescue. The kidnapper could even kill all 5 of the cops but then they can come back and just keep rescuing. It is unrealistic and not fair because the kidnapper never has a chance to shut out the cops, and basically it goes until the kidnapper dies. Cops can also just /rescueover to avoid getting killed by a kidnapper, if they are in a firefight. This is completely unfair and should be subject to change.

Here is my suggestion to the server:

-Cops should get a 10 or 15 minute cooldown after rescuing.

They still have the opportunity to re-rescue but it makes it more fair to the kidnapper to win.
I doubt a cop would +1 this only because they want to keep this massive unfair advantage.
By NeedlessMemeing
If you're as good as you claim to be then can't you just kill the cops? It's like raids, cops can keep coming back. Both are easily defendable (kidnaps allow for more pvp from each side). A cooldown for rescues doesn't make sense, especially if the hostage probably does in around 30 minutes.
By Mikey Mcintire
If you're as good as you claim to be then can't you just kill the cops? It's like raids, cops can keep coming back. Both are easily defendable (kidnaps allow for more pvp from each side). A cooldown for rescues doesn't make sense, especially if the hostage probably does in around 30 minutes.
+1 in this is true
By Pengu!
Have you not read absolutely anything I typed? I already answered this. "Can't you just kill the cops?" is the whole purpose of this post. Take time to read it then you would understand. Theres more to it too. Abusing /rescueover to avoid dying, etc...
By Yoshi
-1 honestly you claiming that police have the advantage is incorrect, WE have to find the hostage, YOU could just hide far away, but instead you announce the location of the hostage "come rescue (insert hostage name here) at the Alberton diner". Also you have way more cover when inside a base and it is easier for you to locate officers when we can not see you. You also get to be somewhere within 50m of the base, this gives you a massive advantage because you can have an unpredictable location. You also have to think about the server as a whole, just because the FBI is coordinated and tactical doesn't mean all cops are, you can't think about the balance of RP at this moment, you have to think about it as a whole. When you look at a simple Kidnapper vs police, no groups, no announcing the location of the hostage, it is clear that the Kidnapper has the advantage, and being able to recall rescue helps balance it more.
MattCobra liked this
By NeedlessMemeing
Have you not read absolutely anything I typed? I already answered this. "Can't you just kill the cops?" is the whole purpose of this post. Take time to read it then you would understand. Theres more to it too. Abusing /rescueover to avoid dying, etc...
I said 'cant you just kill the cops' because according to you you're a god, but I digress. Rescuers should keep on coming because realistically a police department is going to have a lot of officers, and having us come back simulates that size. Not to mention what Yoshi said about cover and hiding. Kidnappers get an advantage of cover, if they don't use it that is their fault. The second problem with a cooldown is that groups could all do seperate kidnaps and only one could get dealt with at a time.
By Pengu!
I said 'cant you just kill the cops' because according to you you're a god, but I digress. Rescuers should keep on coming because realistically a police department is going to have a lot of officers, and having us come back simulates that size. Not to mention what Yoshi said about cover and hiding. Kidnappers get an advantage of cover, if they don't use it that is their fault. The second problem with a cooldown is that groups could all do seperate kidnaps and only one could get dealt with at a time.
While your first sentence makes zero sense and is completely irrelevant to a rule change, using the excuse of cover doesnt work. Police have plenty of cover as well as the kidnappers. Police often just shoot missiles and launchers in so cover doesn't cover it. None of these presented arguments are enough to deny /rescueover abuse either. Police can still freely call it over to avoid dying and give themselves a practically invincible advantage.
By Voltz
-1 honestly you claiming that police have the advantage is incorrect, WE have to find the hostage, YOU could just hide far away, but instead you announce the location of the hostage "come rescue (insert hostage name here) at the Alberton diner". Also you have way more cover when inside a base and it is easier for you to locate officers when we can not see you. You also get to be somewhere within 50m of the base, this gives you a massive advantage because you can have an unpredictable location. You also have to think about the server as a whole, just because the FBI is coordinated and tactical doesn't mean all cops are, you can't think about the balance of RP at this moment, you have to think about it as a whole. When you look at a simple Kidnapper vs police, no groups, no announcing the location of the hostage, it is clear that the Kidnapper has the advantage, and being able to recall rescue helps balance it more.
By MattCobra

I’m sorry, what?

The fact that we can constantly rescue is to reenact a real life police department and if anything, YOU have the advantage.

You have cover and a building protecting you, we have to stand out in the open.

You have the ability to stay 50M away from the base and you hide on rooftops to get shots on us, which really makes no sense.

Overall, a cool down is stupid as a group of kidnappers not in the same base could easily succeed.
By Outspace
The reason that police can come back is actually thought out. Its To simulate the size of an actual police force. Eventually they are going to just keep calling in new cops from state police and the military. There is nowhere near that amount of manpower on the criminal side. The police are going to be calling in more reinforcements, aka the people that decide to come back after spawning. Bandit and kidnapping already have advantages, and police's really only unfair advantage is a kill warrant. Arrests give them nothing worth loot(while kidnappers can get bamboo, a starved hostage, or dead cops gear during a rescue)(And bandits get the guys gun and whatever was in the backpack when he takes it off). The goal is to show that the police wouldn't just give up, they would keep bringing in new backup and constantly be attacking the kidnapper(However in real life they are more likely to comply with the kidappers demands with the threat of the kidnapper killing the hostage at any time)

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!