Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By Scroffel5
As of now, we rely on the admins for everything we can't get from players. That being justice. The admins know that some things are a bannable offense. That does not mean you should be banned; it just means you can be banned for it. We need to do away with that. We should not have to rely on an admin being on and fair for this server to run smoothly. What I suggest is that the cops and judges have jurisdiction over most cases that do not need admin intervention. Admins won't be useless, because they have the final say in what needs to happen. However, being banned for 12-24 hours is no fun, especially when you think you didn't do anything wrong. Maybe a /sue command should be implemented. Then you may need Lawyers more.

What I am also suggesting here is that there is a limit placed on how many can be a certain role at a time, and it gradually gets raised due to supply and demand. There are so many Weaponsmiths on and most of them don't know about the special things they can do. They start making gun shops, taking up the buildings in Seattle and Everett that you need to go in for your daily needs, such as food and water. Sure, that means you need a Chef on to get food easier. Oh, wait. There aren't many Chefs on because everyone wants to be a Weaponsmith or Bandit. A balance is needed there.

Admins also should not be able to commit crimes as they are "Off Duty." If a Police Officer is off duty, they can't go around committing crimes. They'd be arrested and charged. Admins need to realize that you can't ban someone from life in real life. In Unturned, you can kill someone, but they respawn. That shows banning someone and killing someone are totally different. Maybe banning is more like kicking someone out of the country and they can't come back for a set amount of time, but still. More reasonable punishments need to be introduced.

If you have read through all this, I hope you understood my main points. Admins have too much power, so the Police and Judges have limited power and we have to rely on them to get things done. The roles make it harder to get what you need from a role nobody chooses, so a limit needs to be put in place for balance purposes. Admins shouldn't be able to commit crimes, as if someone tries to stop them, the admin has the power to ban them.
By Cookie
No just no judges to choose a ban thats absolutely redicilous

Role caps will kill the server quick imo

Admins shoudnt be able to do crimes
Ok so thats completelu stupid most mods are bandits/criminals
And if they ban without any rule being broken they get demoted

Regardless idk if it was intentional but in this post u just sound salty that u got banned

Also high rank police (chief+) can take breaks and commit crimes without getting their rank stripped

Your point about banning nit being realistic is geniuenly retarded ..
By Scroffel5
What are you talking about? I didnt say Judge's could ban.. And sure I see the point about role caps, but it really wouldn't. And what? By admins I mean admins and mods shouldn't be able to commit crimes, neither Police Officers. I literally said that point already. Like dude what are even the points you are making?
By Burnt
As of now, we rely on the admins for everything we can't get from players. That being justice. The admins know that some things are a bannable offense. That does not mean you should be banned; it just means you can be banned for it. We need to do away with that. We should not have to rely on an admin being on and fair for this server to run smoothly. What I suggest is that the cops and judges have jurisdiction over most cases that do not need admin intervention. Admins won't be useless, because they have the final say in what needs to happen. However, being banned for 12-24 hours is no fun, especially when you think you didn't do anything wrong. Maybe a /sue command should be implemented. Then you may need Lawyers more.

If you didn't think it was right for you to be banned you can always make an appeal and argue your points there and try to Remove/Reduce your ban. If you don't want to be banned, don't break the rules. If you have to ask yourself "will I be banned?" you more than likely SHOULDN'T do it until you get confirmation or find a rule that can argue and state what you did was right. Police are not staff and do not need to have ANY say in situations involving rule breaking.
What I am also suggesting here is that there is a limit placed on how many can be a certain role at a time, and it gradually gets raised due to supply and demand. There are so many Weaponsmiths on and most of them don't know about the special things they can do. They start making gun shops, taking up the buildings in Seattle and Everett that you need to go in for your daily needs, such as food and water. Sure, that means you need a Chef on to get food easier. Oh, wait. There aren't many Chefs on because everyone wants to be a Weaponsmith or Bandit. A balance is needed there.

Admins also should not be able to commit crimes as they are "Off Duty." If a Police Officer is off duty, they can't go around committing crimes. They'd be arrested and charged. Admins need to realize that you can't ban someone from life in real life. In Unturned, you can kill someone, but they respawn. That shows banning someone and killing someone are totally different. Maybe banning is more like kicking someone out of the country and they can't come back for a set amount of time, but still. More reasonable punishments need to be introduced.

A role cap would be useless and ruin the experience for MANY players who want to play as a certain role but couldn't because "this role is full".

Staff members being off duty means they are playing the role they've selected, and should be allowed to play ANY role, regardless. Them being Off Duty is just to take their commands away and prevent any arguments of "He was abusing his powers" when off duty they are EXACTLY like you, they have the abilities their selected role gives and that's all, nothing more, nothing less.

If you have read through all this, I hope you understood my main points. Admins have too much power, so the Police and Judges have limited power and we have to rely on them to get things done. The roles make it harder to get what you need from a role nobody chooses, so a limit needs to be put in place for balance purposes. Admins shouldn't be able to commit crimes, as if someone tries to stop them, the admin has the power to ban them.

Admins and Staff are only ever On Duty to deal with players who break the rules, and help with server issues.
Staff are not above the rules, if any staff ever did this and banned you simply because you killed them, that would be abuse, and a severe punishment would clearly be given. Staff want to RP too, not just monitor the server.

No RP role should be given staff abilities as they could EASILY be abused and make things well worse than an occasional staff member gone rogue and abusing.
аvidationn, MattCobra liked this
By Scroffel5
Alright. I did. The person who banned me denied my application for Judge (though I didn't realize I had to be a Lawyer first so I guess that was justified) and my report was denied.
By Outspace
You are mixing up RP and out of RP. All staff on duty are Out of RP and are COMPLETELY different than their character in RP. Everything done by staff is because people break RP and is therefore out of the roleplay environment. Cops handling it would just be RP, and thats stupid. admins arent some extra cop to deal with kos, as kos is literally just breaking RP and isnt allowed so you get removed from the server.
By Scroffel5
No, I'm not mixing it up. The judicial system needs to deal with issues, because that's what they are implemented for. Screw laws and rules. The staff should be allowed to RP, but not just to be a nuisance. Staff should be there to help, off duty or on duty, in rp and out of rp. Heres the problem with this concept of roleplay though. There is nothing like it in the real world. There is no higher power that deals with super crimes against the world. We aren't placed in scenarios like this. However, when someone is murdered, the police deal with it. Then it goes to the judicial system. Then more punishment is administered. It should work the same way, except when cops can't deal with a situation, the admins intervene. When people are found trolling (something you kinda can't really do in the real world) by placing down items infront of peoples bases and shops that can't be removed, or there is Mass KOS going on and the cops can't deal with it, or something along those lines of problems that the authorities put in place can't deal with, admins should intervene. Also another thing. Admins can view logs. How do we know that you didn't spawn anything in to help yourself? How do we know you are truly being fair? By not being allowed to commit crimes in roleplay situations, you could potentially avoid that.
By Outspace
No, I'm not mixing it up. The judicial system needs to deal with issues, because that's what they are implemented for. Screw laws and rules. The staff should be allowed to RP, but not just to be a nuisance. Staff should be there to help, off duty or on duty, in rp and out of rp. Heres the problem with this concept of roleplay though. There is nothing like it in the real world. There is no higher power that deals with super crimes against the world. We aren't placed in scenarios like this. However, when someone is murdered, the police deal with it. Then it goes to the judicial system. Then more punishment is administered. It should work the same way, except when cops can't deal with a situation, the admins intervene. When people are found trolling (something you kinda can't really do in the real world) by placing down items infront of peoples bases and shops that can't be removed, or there is Mass KOS going on and the cops can't deal with it, or something along those lines of problems that the authorities put in place can't deal with, admins should intervene. Also another thing. Admins can view logs. How do we know that you didn't spawn anything in to help yourself? How do we know you are truly being fair? By not being allowed to commit crimes in roleplay situations, you could potentially avoid that.
Yes but we have to realize that its a game and that there are rules in place to make it FUN. Yes irl you can do almost anything, but with the rules in place we can make it so its not just a massive pvp server, thats no fun. the lawyers and judges are for arrests for larger sentences, but its rarely used because its slow. The staff are here to make sure that RP stays RP, the server isnt trying to be a perfect copy of real life, just to be a fun imitation
By Scroffel5
It'd be more fun if you didn't get banned for killing someone who, justified by normal roleplay rules, you would have been allowed to do. It'd be more fun if you didn't get offline raided by a group that could care less if you had any decent loot. It'd be more fun if the admins were more open-minded when you were explaining why you are getting banned. It'd be more fun if the punishments weren't either to be kicked or banned, but were more creative. It'd be more fun if the server had more traditional rules, so that people like Lil don't get banned for killing a player for loot grabbing because he didn't read the rules. It'd be more fun if all roles were utilized to their full potential.

I like to have fun. I make these suggestions so it would be more fun. What's not fun is the admins going to ban you because they don't have a heart. I have just sat outside the admin boxes, listening to people explaining themselves, and the admins didn't care. Shinobi is one of the only people who I saw who didn't immediately ban someone when they broke the rules, but he listened to both sides of the story. Dreamland too. We need more admins and mods like them. And what I hate the most is trying to use logic and reason and not getting through to anyone but those who are logical and reasonable. You said I got banned for trying to free Dreamland before he got into the actual building, and I didn't even know. That's not fun, when you try to do the right thing, and you get banned for it. It's not fun to try to help out someone who hasn't really been kidnapped yet (just the command happened and the person didn't comply, nor go into the actual kidnapping building) and getting banned for it. It's not fun to have to switch roles to Police and quickly type /rescue before the person gets kidnapped. And it is especially not fun when you apply common sense to any situation you try, and the group full of admins who are already biased in their view toward you and towards their actions to ban you for something you thought was right. This probably just sounds like I'm annoyed at being banned, but I haven't even tried to send in a ban appeal. No bother, because I'd get denied.
By Cookie
Guessing you have mostly played on servers with
"Normal" rules

Guess why all of those servers are basicly pvp and with 0 players
MattCobra liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!