Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By MattCobra
MattCobra, u a pleb boi.
:-(
By Aren
I’m gonna cover some points you brought up here...

“If classified isn’t on 30-40min wait time” you have a very different timezone than 90% of our staff so it has nothing to do with classified not being on.... Most of our staff is currently EST..... We lack Oceanic/European..... It’s always been a long wait for anything outside of the EST coverage...

“Getting warmed for jokes”

Sometimes you can’t just let a joke go man. If you are obviously going to insult someone and call it a joke as a way to avoid being warned after reading global rules (no disrespect / harassment / etc) we might as well remove that. If you wanna insult your friends go into pms or on discord. We don’t want to have to warn you guys for everything, but if we make an exception for you we gotta do it for everyone. We want to keep the toxicity on our servers to an all time low of nine. Jokes are one thing, insulting your friends in a public chat is another even as a joke.

(If anything is improperly wrote / grammarized I wrote this on my phone as its 7:22 am)
By wonslowcar
The PH community is completely different from back in the olden days (as i like to call them the golden ages). Back when doge memes were THE facebook meme.
From then to here:
Then: Staff is an extremely respected job that helps out the community and has a lot of responsibility
Now: Staff is that 15 year old twat across the street that you hire to babysit some ungrateful kids
(staff are seen in some player's eyes as the santa clause that only comes when they need them)

Then: Disrespect is considered cussing someone out in the worst context
Now: I get warned for calling someone ur mom gay
(some staff take things way too fucking seriously)

Then: If my friend gets shot by some kid across the street with a zube with full attachments, i can shoot him because we're in a group and he was a scary boi
Now: you have to risk dying and waiting 30 minutes for a staff member to get on because you can't kill them unless they shoot you
(fyi, unless they have horrible aim, if they start shooting you, there's like a 1% chance you're gonna get out alive)

Then: Staff went out of their way to get on at like 6 AM when someone said that they were kosing on teamspeak
Now: If you're not in EST at noon, good luck getting a restore lmaooo
(due to the lack of non-EST and staff willing to do anything, some people go days without getting a restore. one time my friend actually went 2 days after he got kosed, and he couldnt even get a restore because it was too late. no one was in his timezone and whenever other staff were on he was asleep)

Then: Staff members were as active as they were trial mods, up to as they are admins
Now: "lmao im only active in trial so i get the promo, then i get on like once every year or smthn when i get full mod/super" - some mods that im not gonna point fingers at
Liona liked this
By Burnt
The PH community is completely different from back in the olden days (as i like to call them the golden ages). Back when doge memes were THE facebook meme.
From then to here:
Then: Staff is an extremely respected job that helps out the community and has a lot of responsibility
Now: Staff is that 15 year old twat across the street that you hire to babysit some ungrateful kids
(staff are seen in some player's eyes as the santa clause that only comes when they need them)

Then: Disrespect is considered cussing someone out in the worst context
Now: I get warned for calling someone ur mom gay
(some staff take things way too fucking seriously)

Then: If my friend gets shot by some kid across the street with a zube with full attachments, i can shoot him because we're in a group and he was a scary boi
Now: you have to risk dying and waiting 30 minutes for a staff member to get on because you can't kill them unless they shoot you
(fyi, unless they have horrible aim, if they start shooting you, there's like a 1% chance you're gonna get out alive)

Then: Staff went out of their way to get on at like 6 AM when someone said that they were kosing on teamspeak
Now: If you're not in EST at noon, good luck getting a restore lmaooo
(due to the lack of non-EST and staff willing to do anything, some people go days without getting a restore. one time my friend actually went 2 days after he got kosed, and he couldnt even get a restore because it was too late. no one was in his timezone and whenever other staff were on he was asleep)

Then: Staff members were as active as they were trial mods, up to as they are admins
Now: "lmao im only active in trial so i get the promo, then i get on like once every year or smthn when i get full mod/super" - some mods that im not gonna point fingers at
You also have to point out that RP wasn’t hardcore at that time, people would be driving around in one-seaters screaming “I have osteoporosis” and get away with it. While I do agree we’ve gotten more strict, it’s due to the fact that MANY players would still loophole and try to just troll.

Back then it was way different yes, but we did have staff who did the “trial mod to promo to inactive” but as you stated a lot were just in team speak playing another game and you could hop on tag em and bang they’d go. TS3 was always good, but not many players have it for mobile so it wasn’t as easy to appear online you’d actually have to be on. Discord is way easier and staff still chat while they’re away from the computer (me being an example)

There’s a lot of things to consider when comparing old to new, not just the players themselves.

#FeelsBadManI’mNotGoodStaff
By MattCobra
What I don’t understand is why everyone is blaming Ragnaros and Classified for this. They’re doing their jobs and they’re darn good at it. This whole myth of ‘PandaHut and their staff are shit’ was started by somebody whose name will not be mentioned who has a hell of a motive.
Mushy liked this
By RagnarosPower
As stated above by Burnt, there's multiple aspects to look at when it comes to the servers current state. One main thing you must understand is "back then" there was 50k / 40k players playing Unturned monthly, whilst now Unturned is at 14-19k players monthly (Stats taken from steamcharts) back then we had a lot more choices when it came to hiring staff members, and we would only stick with those that were 18+, more of the mature audiences which is one of the main reason the staff team was better back then, because due to the excess of players on Unturned at least 5% of these were of mature audience, which is the only people we hired before.

Although now, with 14k monthly players, our choices have been massively restricted, to the point to where we have to settle with what we have otherwise we would have no staff members whatsoever, as the only players that are left now are those of a younger age. And unfortunately the younger audience lacks a lot of features, many of which you stated. If you're younger, you're not as caring as many people haven't gone through life experiences yet, therefore yes, it's true. Our staff members are less likely to hop on when requested multiple times, and tend to disappear more without reasoning. But this does not mean the higher-ups are not doing anything to stop this. We do request of our staff members constantly to get on, issue punishments towards these that fail to do so, enforce activity and so on. We have many demotions happening every week, but unfortunately, this is how the playerbase currently is. Filled of less of the mature-audience, and more with the younger ones, although this does not mean we still highly appreciate the had work that our current staff members put on our servers, as not all of them are like that, and I know many staff members that have put their life aside to focus on helping our players out, and putting an incredible amount of time onto our servers, without expecting anything back.

The truth hurts, but that's just how it is, unfortunately Unturned is in a horrible state at this moment in time, with horrible performance, highly decreased player base due to multiple reasons that I'd like to not go through right now. If you take a look around Unturned, all of the big communities that were up back then are gone. Lyhme went from 20+ servers down to 4, of which are constantly 0/24. Frezzerr only has 1 server that is 15/24 ish, then the rest 0/24. BrainZ, and so on. We are one of the only big communities that have stuck with Unturned since day 1, and have not decided to close and done our absolute best to keep Unturned alive up until 4.0 releases.

We also have so many plans of things to do for when 4.0 comes out that you guys will absolutely love, but unfortunately until that happens, we have to try our hardest to keep this community alive, because the only time unturned will get back to its original playerbase will hopefully be when 4.0 comes out, bringing in a mass amount of players allowing for us to start out strong and show the players why Pandahut has been will continue to be one of best communities that Unturned has to offer.

I understand where you're coming from OP, but from a staff member that has been in this community for the past 3 years, I assure you that we are not happy with the current state that we are in, but we are still trying our best to make it as good as we are able to until Unturned gets into a better state. Having said that, I will be closing this topic down to avoid further uninformed statements. If any of you have any further inquiries / concerns that you'd like to address, then please get in contact with me and I'll be more than happy to listen to them, and ensure that the staff team does their best to improve on these.
TrippL, Flopdup, Mushy and 2 others liked this
By Mushy
As stated above by Burnt, there's multiple aspects to look at when it comes to the servers current state. One main thing you must understand is "back then" there was 50k / 40k players playing Unturned monthly, whilst now Unturned is at 14-19k players monthly (Stats taken from steamcharts) back then we had a lot more choices when it came to hiring staff members, and we would only stick with those that were 18+, more of the mature audiences which is one of the main reason the staff team was better back then, because due to the excess of players on Unturned at least 5% of these were of mature audience, which is the only people we hired before.

Although now, with 14k monthly players, our choices have been massively restricted, to the point to where we have to settle with what we have otherwise we would have no staff members whatsoever, as the only players that are left now are those of a younger age. And unfortunately the younger audience lacks a lot of features, many of which you stated. If you're younger, you're not as caring as many people haven't gone through life experiences yet, therefore yes, it's true. Our staff members are less likely to hop on when requested multiple times, and tend to disappear more without reasoning. But this does not mean the higher-ups are not doing anything to stop this. We do request of our staff members constantly to get on, issue punishments towards these that fail to do so, enforce activity and so on. We have many demotions happening every week, but unfortunately, this is how the playerbase currently is. Filled of less of the mature-audience, and more with the younger ones, although this does not mean we still highly appreciate the had work that our current staff members put on our servers, as not all of them are like that, and I know many staff members that have put their life aside to focus on helping our players out, and putting an incredible amount of time onto our servers, without expecting anything back.

The truth hurts, but that's just how it is, unfortunately Unturned is in a horrible state at this moment in time, with horrible performance, highly decreased player base due to multiple reasons that I'd like to not go through right now. If you take a look around Unturned, all of the big communities that were up back then are gone. Lyhme went from 20+ servers down to 4, of which are constantly 0/24. Frezzerr only has 1 server that is 15/24 ish, then the rest 0/24. BrainZ, and so on. We are one of the only big communities that have stuck with Unturned since day 1, and have not decided to close and done our absolute best to keep Unturned alive up until 4.0 releases.

We also have so many plans of things to do for when 4.0 comes out that you guys will absolutely love, but unfortunately until that happens, we have to try our hardest to keep this community alive, because the only time unturned will get back to its original playerbase will hopefully be when 4.0 comes out, bringing in a mass amount of players allowing for us to start out strong and show the players why Pandahut has been will continue to be one of best communities that Unturned has to offer.

I understand where you're coming from OP, but from a staff member that has been in this community for the past 3 years, I assure you that we are not happy with the current state that we are in, but we are still trying our best to make it as good as we are able to until Unturned gets into a better state. Having said that, I will be closing this topic down to avoid further uninformed statements. If any of you have any further inquiries / concerns that you'd like to address, then please get in contact with me and I'll be more than happy to listen to them, and ensure that the staff team does their best to improve on these.
Well said, Ragna. As usual, the ones who are unsatisfied are the only ones who speak out. We do appreciate your constructive criticism and thank you for it.

In this case, we can see a few rather unintelligent, narrow-minded opinions stating that our community is going downhill, when they fail to realize the bigger picture, pointed above by Ragna. It is puzzling to us why players like JacobAndTay, who are constantly hammering into people's heads that the community is going to the "shitter", still stick around for months on end just to complain and bash us (
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=23944&p=144238 plus ~12 other deleted comments saying the exact same thing). We do not serve as a platform for you to execute your agenda, nor are you doing anything to help. I understand your immaturity is no fault of your own and I don't condemn your for it. However you'd be doing us a service by simply leaving the community instead of sticking around just to post rude and foolish remarks.

Ragna's post serves as a great final say in this discussion. We appreciate your constructive comments and we have stated our views. As Ragna pointed out, there are plenty of other communities out there to pick from. Our entire Staff team is putting their all into the Pandahut community. It is up to you whether or not you wish to stay.
RagnarosPower, MattCobra, TrippL and 2 others liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!