Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By MattCobra
+1
I think the Road Captain idea is really good. They should be able to assist in anything without a cooldown, but not be able to call anything themselves. I don't know about the whole bounty thing though. Just place a hit; that's why it's in the game. Besides, there's not supposed to be equality between outlaws and police. That's the whole point. Criminals are supposed to be at a disadvantage because they're, well, criminals!
How would one become a road captain?
/role "Road Captain"
I would expect this to be obvious, but I suppose not.
Well... that’s really overpowered. You’d need to consider a few things

A) Donator?
B) Balance (not money if it’s OP)

To me, this role sounds too OP
By TomatoChunks
First, I'm not sure what you mean when referring to "Balance," but I don't see how someone's current financial status is of issue when picking a role. Second, deciding whether it should be a donor role isn't productive when discussing whether it should even be a role in the first place.
By MattCobra
First, I'm not sure what you mean when referring to "Balance," but I don't see how someone's current financial status is of issue when picking a role. Second, deciding whether it should be a donor role isn't productive when discussing whether it should even be a role in the first place.
What I meant was GAME Balance - not financial balance.
By TomatoChunks
Oh, ok. That makes more sense now. I think it would be balanced considering they can only assist and can't actually call anything themselves.
By MattCobra
Oh, ok. That makes more sense now. I think it would be balanced considering they can only assist and can't actually call anything themselves.
I was thinking this as an example of how it couldn’t work.

A) There is three guys - John, Bill and Clive I can’t count leave me alone

John is a bandit
Bill is a kidnapper
Clive is a Road Sergeant. It is just the three of them together. Looking around for trouble (crime)

John decides to rob somebody. The police are cracking down on his position. Normally it’d be a fair 1V1 right? Wrong. Because there is a new role who can assist in literally every crime, now they have somebody else to worry about.

Then, Bill decides to kidnap a guy - again he is the only kidnapper except - oh look, Clive is a road captain - he can go out and assist despite the fact literally two minutes ago, he was robbing a guy.

This is simply unfair - want to assist in crime? Be the role that actually does it - bandits should be the only people allowed to rob and kidnappers the only ones allowed to kidnap. The idea behind a new role which can directly assist every single crime with no cooldown. It can easily be abused and there is no real reason to add it considering it doesn’t really add anything.
Last edited by MattCobra on August 22nd, 2018, 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Matty

This is simply unfair - want to assist in crime? Be the role that actually does it - bandits should be the only people allowed to rob and kidnappers the only ones allowed to kidnap. The idea behind a new role which can directly assist every single crime with no cooldown. It can easily be abused and there is no real reason to add it considering it doesn’t really add anything.
In real life, someone could collect hits, rob, and even kidnap if they wanted to.
Road Captain will work just as deputy, you’re gonna have to be voted for and chosen. You’re gonna avento have a very bad criminal history.

It just adds to the role play.
By MrDeeTee
+1
I think the Road Captain idea is really good. They should be able to assist in anything without a cooldown, but not be able to call anything themselves. I don't know about the whole bounty thing though. Just place a hit; that's why it's in the game. Besides, there's not supposed to be equality between outlaws and police. That's the whole point. Criminals are supposed to be at a disadvantage because they're, well, criminals!
How would one become a road captain?
/role "Road Captain"
I would expect this to be obvious, but I suppose not.
This would cause EVERY criminal to become one since they can basically just rob and kidnap.
By MemeOverlord
+1 I think it's a good idea, but I think that only people with MVP+ or people that apply for Road Captain. I think giving regular players will give people too much of an advantage :hotheaded:

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!