Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By Social Skillz
so we all know the lawyer and judge was added, but really nothing else can be done. so here is my new proposal, and im pretty sure laws can let this happen, but i want community feedback:
sueing:
you can now sue people for, say, raiding your base, stealing your car, robbing you, ect. for however much your base/car/inventory they stole was worth.
this would be done, how its done in real life, with both sides providing proof of why they should pay / why they shouldn't pay.
it would bring in a plaintiff/defendant into pandahut, and would be quite amazing.
so, for example.
say you want to sue someone for raiding your base, you would contact a judge saying 'hey, i want to sue Mellon for raiding my base'
the judge would reply with 'alright, how much you want to sue them for?'
you '20k'
judge 'alright, send me the proof, and ill get in contact with Mellon'
if the judge accepts the case, a court date would be scheduled amongst the two so they can fight, and see if the plaintiff will get their money.
if the judge rules in the plaintiffs favor, the defendant has 1 week to pay the 20k, or face 20+ minutes of jail-time (within RP rules)
if the judge rules in the defendants favor, the plaintiff loses, and they just go their separate ways.
now, another thing, is official contracts.
say you make a house, and someone cant afford the full amount, so you'd tell the person 'okay, we'll make a document with both of us signing it and send it to a judge to be officialized.'
the judge would read it, then rule if the renter has the pay the weekly/daily price on the house till its paid off. if the judge doesn't rule the renter has to, the renter can pay whenever they want for the house. the builder still has the right to kick the person out.
this could be, say, you and a friend rent a house until its paid off. you two split the rent and have to pay daily. your friend doesnt pay, and you have to pay the full amount. you can 'sue' them for the amount of money you've paid.
brings it up to the previous point.
this would be amazing to bring in, and have another amazing use for the lawyer and judge roles.
-1/+1/+0/-0/+666/-666 do whatever, but give a reason, kthx
+1
More realistic
Decreases the crime rate

also,
suggestions
and add the fact that, if the defendant evades then the person will have to pay and will recieve a warrant.
+1
More realistic
Decreases the crime rate

also,
suggestions
and add the fact that, if the defendant evades then the person will have to pay and will recieve a warrant.
forgot to mention that
if the defendant doesnt appear, they'll get a warrant ranging from 10-30 mins (or maximum jail time) for Failure to Appear.
this could also bring in bounty hunter's to capture these people, put them in jail while they wait for their next court date.
+1 Decreases crime rate, makes sure criminals don't fuck up and pay more than they get.
By mr.coco
+1
By Cookie
-1 its an easy and fast way to rob any criminal/put them in jail for doing their job

Lawers/Judges in my opinion shouldn't of been added, there is no way you can replicate such roles from real life situations, how do you provide evidence of cases? does everybody have to record and somehow give the links to the judge and stuff? and you're saying both sides would have to say why they'd have to pay and why they wouldn't, well how would that work? The one suing: "Hey! I'm suing you for robbing me! My reasoning is that you robbed me and took my stuff!" The bandit: "Hey, I was just following my role and robbing you, I have no reasoning to say why I robbed you" it'd be exactly the same all the time, how do you reason robbing somebody? Some things cannot be replicated in unturned hence I do not personally understand why the lawyer/judge roles were so heavily requested by the community.
By TrippL
HUUUUUUUUGE -1

Seen this in other Unturned and Gmod servers and the only motive of the sueing player is to make as much money as possible
By Aren
-1 it would ruin other roles.
No way to provide proof unless we record 24/7 on the server.
i see your guy's opinions, so imma just say. keep your votes, dont care, this doesnt have to be added. im not gonna make you guys +1
i do see how hard this would be, and would ruin other roles, but its sorta the point. police are supposed to be higher than criminals, and this would prevent crime.
court is for the people with PROOF, not the people without, especially if we make it a rule that the judge is REQUIRED to have 0 knowledge of you, and even being in the persons group once is enough to show bias
this rule above is, of course, just deadly as hell, and i personally dont wish to see a rule like it, but its good to prevent bias judges.
plus, this is a good way to hinder criminals from DOING crimes. most criminals could have a motive to rob/raid someone, as most people do. and yes, most of the cases would be 'i just wanted to rob him.' thats mostly all your gonna get, but thats the point. if someone goes to court and gets SHOWN proof they did the crime, their gonna most likely plead guilty and say 'i just wanted to rob him'.
i do see and respect your opinions. please, just because of a lousy statement i just made, dont make it completely want to change your belief.
if you wanna talk about it more in-depth, dm me on discord R_udy#6310

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!