Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By Hardium
Role Name: Professor Finesser (Name is subject to change)

Rank Required?: MVP or higher required for use

Commands added to role: /steal (Amount)

Basic Role Kit: Luger, 2 Luger Magazines, Black Hoodie, Cargo Pants, Black Hat (subject to change as well)

"Brief" Description:This role would essentially be a pickpocket, for lack of a better word to describe it. The role would have the ability to steal very small amounts of money from any player on the server, as long as the player has enough bamboo that the finesser is asking for. However, with such a potentially overpowered role, there is many rules to it as well.

1st Circumstance/Rule- In order to /steal an amount of money from someone, the finesser must be within 5 meters of the targeted player. If this is not possible to code, we could make it to where the finesser must look at the targeted player in order to steal money (similar to moderator commands like /salvage and /checkowner). This would make it very easy for people to notice if they're about to be finessed, and give them an opportunity to run away.

2nd Circumstance/Rule- Of course, the role would have a 5-10min cool-down for the /steal command based on the amount of money stolen.

3rd Circumstance/Rule- In order to make the role more interesting and harder to use, I thought of a very unique idea. When a finesser does /steal on a player, he or she would have a "chance" to successfully steal it without being caught, or get caught in the act. An example ratio would be 50% Success, 50% Fail. This would mean that the finesser has only a 50% chance to not immediately alert the targeted player while stealing bamboo. If the finnesser was "caught in the act", a big red message would appear on the targeted player's screen, saying: "You have just been robbed of (insert amount here) bamboo!". With this message, the targeted player could potentially have the permission to kill the finesser.

4th Circumstance/Rule- In order to keep this role balanced, a limit on the amount of money able to steal would be imposed. The two amounts I thought of were $50 and $100. The /steal command would control whether the finesser wanted a big score, or a safe score. Going back to the 3rd Circumstance/Rule, the amount of money would also impact the chances of stealthy success. If the finesser wanted to steal $100 instead of $50, his chances of being caught would be significantly higher. If the targeted player did not have sufficient funds for the finesser, the finesser would recieve a message that says: "Pickpocket failed: not enough bamboo on targeted player"

5th Circumstance/Rule-Finesser could be arrested within 5 minutes after each pickpocket.

6th Circumstance/Rule After 1 minute of each successful finesse, a message in chat would notify all players of the incident that took place.

I am very open to any feedback or suggestions. I thought of calling the role "Pickpocket", but am unsure at the moment. I think this role would add a ton of fun and risk, as well as big and easy rewards for the players who use it. However, it would definitely be challenging, as more and more people realize that someone is a finesser and act accordingly.
By ThatDerpyKid
I like it.
+1
By Brylyth
-1, here's why:
To higher tier players (like ones with MVP or MVP+ or an MVP+ special variant) the amounts of money involved are essentially worthless.
To lower-tier players, 100 bamboo is a fair bit, considering it's 20% of the starting money.
There's no way to get your money back when it's stolen. You can kill the guy, but you can't recover the money. They could go around naked or poorly clothed and keep finessing for 100 until they're killed, as they have nothing of worth on them.
By Hardium
-1, here's why:
To higher tier players (like ones with MVP or MVP+ or an MVP+ special variant) the amounts of money involved are essentially worthless.
To lower-tier players, 100 bamboo is a fair bit, considering it's 20% of the starting money.
There's no way to get your money back when it's stolen. You can kill the guy, but you can't recover the money. They could go around naked or poorly clothed and keep finessing for 100 until they're killed, as they have nothing of worth on them.
Good point, Brylyth. Perhaps some adjustments can be made to the role to make it more fair to players of lesser wealth.
By Hardium
Potential thing to add to the role that I thought of- Finessers CAN NOT rob a player of any money if his balance is under 1000, and can not rob him of over 50 if his balance is under 5000. (Numbers subject to change)

The cooldown between steals could also be increased, and the role could even be opened up for vip+ or so.

Much more can also be changed to suit what we need.
By Cookie
Potential thing to add to the role that I thought of- Finessers CAN NOT rob a player of any money if his balance is under 1000, and can not rob him of over 50 if his balance is under 5000. (Numbers subject to change)

The cooldown between steals could also be increased, and the role could even be opened up for vip+ or so.

Much more can also be changed to suit what we need.
That sounds bettee +1
By Korven
RIsk getting killed for stealing 50 bamboo? lol n0 :P
By Brylyth
Again.
This is not a viable role in the way you described.
You cannot balance the reward for theft to be fair to lower level players with the risk of death. It won't work.

As an alternative: Perhaps a 'mugger' role, that acts like a bandit, but demands up to (500?) Bamboo? The amount could be put in the command like kidnaps, and there could be a /paymugger to do the payment and end the mugging.
By Hardium
Alright, thank you for your input!
By mr.coco
1+ I’m on love

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!