Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By Sp00ks
HUGE -1
As stated by other people it can easily be abused, i could just kidnap, rob or arrest someone move back a ways and say "oh yeah, he ran so i killed him" easily getting away with RDM'ing people :|
By Brylyth
+1
You could print coordinates to logs of cop and target (Or etc) on call and on kill.
Bandits and kidnappers get away with doing this anyway.
By Korven
we've already got multiple suggestions about this, the conclusion is: It wont work. This would be a easy way to kos players on and on without staff being able to do a shit, All the'd have to say was "he ran away" bam case closed ez kos ez loot no ban. Also when scrolling threw logs and seeing guys getting killed without being self defence how would the staff member know they ran? This means that making this suggestion come true people would get kosed and the rule would be abused, they would also be banned for a wrong reason (since it would be consider'd a "fair" kill for killing someone who ran) if the player would have arrested ,robbed/kidnapped repeatedly before getting false banned they could get a permanent ban by the staff member for "mass kos".

Simply this is a really bad idea if you look at the consequences.
By Brylyth
Korven, I am going to go ahead and say you are objectively wrong. It was like this for a time while I was a mod, and it was FINE.
Further to this bandits/kidnappers CAN do this, and do so a fair bit.
There's no reason this would be any worse. On the note of players lying about events, the same could be done for players not putting their hands up, firing and missing with their weapon, etc...
By Shinobi
+1
You could print coordinates to logs of cop and target (Or etc) on call and on kill.
Bandits and kidnappers get away with doing this anyway.
I thought of that but i think it's a little bit impossible to have a plugin like that, in fact that there is some cordinates that shows in the logs and i think it's possible, so if there is some kind of plugin that shows if someone moved like 20 or 10 meters while being robbed/kidnapped/arrested then that would be awesome but i don't think unturned can have that
By Brylyth
I thought of that but i think it's a little bit impossible to have a plugin like that, in fact that there is some cordinates that shows in the logs and i think it's possible, so if there is some kind of plugin that shows if someone moved like 20 or 10 meters while being robbed/kidnapped/arrested then that would be awesome but i don't think unturned can have that

Bullox. Clearly we're able to determine ranges, considering how there's a maximum range to call arrests, robs and kidnaps from. We definitely have a means of determining the distance between two players at a given time.
Furthermore, removing warnings for running is NOT something that can be overly abused because criminal roles DO get to shoot when targets run.

While I was staff this issue went back and forth (with nothing ending up in the official rules) but I think that the decision was eventually made on a basis of realism. (cops not getting to shoot for running, that is)

The issue is that players running from police has more and more been abusive of the rules as a means to circumvent realism. In real life, if you enter a building with police in pursuit, they CAN force entry. Being able to just take 30 seconds of running for free, regardless of your crimes, is downright unreasonable.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!