Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By Mushy
I'm getting a bit confused, as say I'm a cop I can /buy v.33, which is basically spawning a vehicle out of thin air, and /gtake does basically the same thing, but with cars you own. It can't really be abused at all.
Abuse is not the reason garage commands are only available in garage locations. It's about sticking to Roleplay ideas on a Roleplay server. Please refer to the comment I made earlier:
The whole point of restricting them to garage locations is so there is a Roleplay depth element to it, which follows the basic principles of realism. A garage is a physical location in real life, just as with vaults, license shops, and Police stations. If you have a helicopter stored in your garage, its real value inherently increases, since it is safely stored away from anyone who might want to harm it. Once in your garage, it is no longer disposable and susceptible to disappearing. They're even safe from map wipes. It saves you a lot of Bamboo.

The players are gaining a huge benefit out of this feature, as they would no longer need to spend tens of thousands of Bamboo on an Aircraft/APC, every time they need one for example, since theirs would no longer be destroyed/gone once they logged back in the following day.

I find it puzzling that despite all the benefits that a garage brings to Roleplay, some of you guys are interested in throwing basic Roleplay mechanics out the window to allow for magic virtual garages that conveniently follow you around. We strive to improve on the aspects of our Roleplay servers that seem unrealistic from a Roleplay perspective. The freedom of accessing your garage from anywhere on the map would be suitable for PvP, Modded, and KitPvP servers, where roles are non-existent and adrenaline drives each man for themselves.
Sure, the police have their own vehicle exception which they can purchase from the shop for a legitimate Roleplay reason. However, they cannot spawn any vehicle in their garage anywhere, free of cost. The garage system is a completely separate entity from the fact that the Police role can purchase a police vehicle anywhere on the map. The same applies to mechanics. If your role allows you to purchase any vehicle anywhere on the map, it is certainly for a good Roleplay-related reason, not just because it's convenient.

Another point to consider is that if players have the convenience of a garage at their disposal anywhere on the map, there would be a significant drop in vehicle sales from mechanics. If it really bothers you to find a garage in order to get your vehicle, you still have the option of finding a mechanic or buying one if your role allows it.

We must take into consideration the full scenario, where a large portion of players would need a safe spot to store the vehicles they wish to protect the most. It sounds absurd to disregard an elementary aspect of Roleplay such as actually going to the Garage, which already follows the lines of Vault and License Shop and no one seems to have an issue with those.
By TrippL
The whole point of restricting them to garage locations is so there is a Roleplay depth element to it, which follows the basic principles of realism. A garage is a physical location in real life, just as with vaults, license shops, and Police stations. If you have a helicopter stored in your garage, its real value inherently increases, since it is safely stored away from anyone who might want to harm it. Once in your garage, it is no longer disposable and susceptible to disappearing. They're even safe from map wipes. It saves you a lot of Bamboo.

The players are gaining a huge benefit out of this feature, as they would no longer need to spend tens of thousands of Bamboo on an Aircraft/APC, every time they need one for example, since theirs would no longer be destroyed/gone once they logged back in the following day.

I find it puzzling that despite all the benefits that a garage brings to Roleplay, some of you guys are interested in throwing basic Roleplay mechanics out the window to allow for magic virtual garages that conveniently follow you around. We strive to improve on the aspects of our Roleplay servers that seem unrealistic from a Roleplay perspective. The freedom of accessing your garage from anywhere on the map would be suitable for PvP, Modded, and KitPvP servers, where roles are non-existent and adrenaline drives each man for themselves.
Yeah that seems like a pretty good idea and I can't actually think of a scenario where this could be abused, as you can just /buy v.x anywhere, and the garage is pretty much the same thing (without costing you money each time)
I do not understand where you get the idea that any player can " just /buy v.x anywhere". Only mechanics have permissions to purchase vehicles. Otherwise you will have to get your ass up, go find a mechanic, and pay him the price he offers you before you can "abuse" anything. Mechanics do not need a garage if they don't mind paying for a new vehicle each time they need one, as it should be.

Bottom line, if having no garage regions is just as abusable as "just /buy v.x anywhere", then I suggest you do exactly that. Go and can just /buy v.x anywhere. Buy you'll have to be a mechanic.
you have a good point but some people are lazy :P

p.s. you deserve a lot more praise from the community because ph rp wouldn't be nearly as good without all the plugins you and miku have made.
Mushy liked this
By tMoist

Yeah that seems like a pretty good idea and I can't actually think of a scenario where this could be abused, as you can just /buy v.x anywhere, and the garage is pretty much the same thing (without costing you money each time)
I do not understand where you get the idea that any player can " just /buy v.x anywhere". Only mechanics have permissions to purchase vehicles. Otherwise you will have to get your ass up, go find a mechanic, and pay him the price he offers you before you can "abuse" anything. Mechanics do not need a garage if they don't mind paying for a new vehicle each time they need one, as it should be.

Bottom line, if having no garage regions is just as abusable as "just /buy v.x anywhere", then I suggest you do exactly that. Go and can just /buy v.x anywhere. Buy you'll have to be a mechanic.
you have a good point but some people are lazy :P

p.s. you deserve a lot more praise from the community because ph rp wouldn't be nearly as good without all the plugins you and miku have made.
Mushy and Miku may have helped a bit, but Renard really kept RP on it’s feet. God bless.
Mushy liked this
By Miku
I'm getting a bit confused, as say I'm a cop I can /buy v.33, which is basically spawning a vehicle out of thin air, and /gtake does basically the same thing, but with cars you own. It can't really be abused at all.
The difference is, you can buy vehicles from anywhere on the map, but that costs money.

The garage system lets you keep the same vehicle, put stuff onto it (barricades and vaults) and then save them and the items in them as well.
An interesting idea would be to limit vehicle buying to those zones too, but I think that would screw over mechanic shops and such.

Please reread mushy's message, as it seems you are just stating what you said before again. You may like convenience over roleplay, but it seems most players would prefer that extra bit of roleplay depth.
Mushy liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!