Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By wonslowcar
Although this would work, there are a couple of flaws:
A) This would be extremely difficult to implement
B) A lot of the time, we have a staff member on standby at most times, some getting on if it's necessary
C) This can be easily abused
D) What if a staff member never came on?
By RagnarosPower
B) A lot of the time, we have a staff member on standby at most times, some getting on if it's necessary
Yeah idk the features of it are quite simple, nothing difficult within it from the sounds of it and I could give a step to step thing stating all the functions of it. Although as Mushy stated here http://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20171 they have a heckton of changes for RP coming up so this is just something to throw in the ideas box, I doubt it'd be looked at anytime soon but it's good to have ideas on the side if there's some free time.
Flopdup liked this
By John The Hooker
The system you suggested is HIGHLY abusable, even moreso than existing report plugins. Adding a vote to freeze players will absolutely guaranteed lead to players voting "Yes" for several reasons:

- Because they can.
-The server is full and it would be a good opportunity to open up a slot for your friend.
-A group of 6 player with a vendetta against someone can start a bandwagon to freeze a innocent players for any reason.
-Immaturity.
-"For the lulz".

I believe this would add just as many problems as it would solve.
That's a fair opinion, although here's what I think:
1. Reporting a player won't result to something on the screen saying "You want to report X?" it'd just be a command that people use on their own will and only after 20% of the currently online players report the same person only then it will let everybody know in the chat that 20% of the people reported X and remind you that you can report X too if you want to get him frozen at 50% of the votes.
2. "Because they can" is not a reason, if they report because of that itd be against the rules, you'd have to report them only if you know they did something against the rules.
3. The player won't be kicked so it doesn't open a slot, it freezes the player for X minutes and maybe there's a function which doesn't allow you to report if theres a staff member on and remind you to report them via adminhelp so then the plugin only gets used when no staff are on to stop the koser.
4. As I said already if that group reports people for no reason then they'd get punished plus 6 players is not enough for a full server, you'd need 12 if the server is full.

The chances of a huge group deciding to go against the rules are smaller than a random guy coming on to kos everybody, so I'd beg to differ against your statement.
Ah, that clears things up a bit. This would likely need a minimum amount of players on the server in order to prevent a group of let's say, 6 players from freezing someone because three players agree on it, even though they could be in the wrong. This could work if tweaked just the right way to effectively prevent innocent players from being frozen. Also, as far as I remember new players without a role would get frozen until they picked one, but the freeze function (Unturned/Rocket code) stopped working. Maybe there's a plugin out there that managed to find a way around it? Hmm, it's an idea that might be worth considering IMO.
Flopdup liked this
By Flopdup
However, what if there were 4 people on example 13(happens in the morning) and what if the 3 people were friends,
they could troll the 4th person(obviously get punished after but still the player starts hating the server).
By Mushy
Yeah idk the features of it are quite simple, nothing difficult within it from the sounds of it and I could give a step to step thing stating all the functions of it. Although as Mushy stated here http://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20171 they have a heckton of changes for RP coming up so this is just something to throw in the ideas box, I doubt it'd be looked at anytime soon but it's good to have ideas on the side if there's some free time.
This is not a bad idea and it will be looked at some time soon lol, just perhaps not immediately, as we're currently working on the upcoming plugin additions and updates.

We also need to brainstorm this idea a little further before we start to work on it. Picking up from where Bat-Kat left off, I have a few questions of my own:

-What if a staff member gets on? Would the player be automatically unfrozen? I think keeping them frozen until a moderator arrives could cause some issues where the player needs to wait a long while until a Staff member is available.
-If the player leaves then comes back, would they still be frozen, like they get around /mute?
-What if they leave mid-vote then come back, would the votes stay?
-If the votes do stay when the player leaves, what if they come back at 10 minutes later when there are fewer people on the server, and the few votes they did get suddenly becomes majority?
-Would the votes stick to the player like warnings do, until eventually they are frozen for too many votes over the span of several days, for example? (Similar to the question above)

It would be easy to make the plugin enable and disable itself depending on whether any staff members are on. Though I believe we would still need to work some more on this idea in order to address some of the issues we might encounter in case it gets implemented.
By John The Hooker
However, what if there were 4 people on example 13(happens in the morning) and what if the 3 people were friends,
they could troll the 4th person(obviously get punished after but still the player starts hating the server).
Ah, that clears things up a bit. This would likely need a minimum amount of players on the server in order to prevent a group of let's say, 6 players from freezing someone because three players agree on it, even though they could be in the wrong. This could work if tweaked just the right way to effectively prevent innocent players from being frozen. Also, as far as I remember new players without a role would get frozen until they picked one, but the freeze function (Unturned/Rocket code) stopped working. Maybe there's a plugin out there that managed to find a way around it? Hmm, it's an idea that might be worth considering IMO.
By RagnarosPower
This is not a bad idea and it will be looked at some time soon lol, just perhaps not today, as we'll need to work on the upcoming plugin additions and updates that we're still working on. We also need to brainstorm this idea a little further before we start to work on it. Picking up from where Bat-Kat left off, I have a few questions of my own.

-What if a staff member gets on? Would the player be automatically unfrozen? I think keeping them frozen until a moderator arrives could cause some issues where the player needs to wait a long while until a Staff member is available.
-If the player leaves then comes back, would they still be frozen, like they get around /mute?
-What if they leave mid-vote then come back, would the votes stay?
-If the votes do stay when the player leaves, what if they come back at 10 minutes later when there are fewer people on the server, and the few votes they did get suddenly becomes majority?
-Would the votes stick to the player like warnings do, until eventually they are frozen for too many votes over the span of several days, for example? (Similar to the question above)

It would be easy to make the plugin enable and disable itself depending on whether any staff members are on. Though I believe we would still need to work some more on this idea in order to address some of the issues we might encounter in case it gets implemented.
Haha yeah whenever there's time lol and sure.

1. Hm yeah I thought of this as a priority for the staff member above any other situation, such as the plugin telling the staff member every X seconds that they must deal with the person (So yeah that's a yes for keeping them frozen I believe that'd be the best)
2. They'd have to still remain frozen I'm sure that's doable because before /freeze used to remain even when you came back on the server, if not I can think of a workaround.
3 & 4. After reading your 4th question that is a huge flaw, so due to that I had to think of a new system, what I brainstormed is that if X receives a small amount of reports such as 10% or 5% of the current amount of online players and they log off and return with no staff members being on they would no longer be allowed to equip any weapons (Similar to the NoWeaponsEquip flag or whatever it was called in the regions plugin) for X amount of time and when the staff member goes on he would deal with the person and investigate what happened. So then the reported player (when there was no staff on) cannot cause further KOS although can still play using peaceful roles which do not require usage of weapons. This is a huge issue towards the player as that means they cannot self defend if they get kosed or any of that sort but it'd have to be their punishment for being reported and logging off when there was no staff and returning when there was no staff as well. But above it has been said staff are very active so they could fix rare situations like these.
5. No they wouldn't remain permanently with the player, they'd expire eventually because if X kosed or something and log off when a staff member comes on that person will get banned upon logs being checked either way, so permanently keeping a report on the player wouldn't be required.

Yeah I fully agree the idea requires more talk in case it was ever thought of being added but if needed we can have a conversation about it and attempt to find a work around across all the flaws identified by the community. I believe the final outcome of such plugin being added would fix the biggest issue on RP currently therefore putting the time in it would be really worth it as long as we identified a good work-around towards all identified flaws.

Thank you for taking up a lot of your time towards reading all the suggestions! I'm glad to see how much effort you put into ensuring your servers remain the best out there.
Mushy liked this
By Brylyth
As a mod, -1.
I appreciate the idea behind this, but it is exceptionally easy to abuse, especially when there are few players on.
Say, for example, there are 10 players on.
4 guys, each with 3 devices (not necessarily good ones, just their main PC and 2 rubbish ones) could all come in, vote freeze the entire server, then dispose of their steam accounts and IPs.
No consequences. No way to punish them.
I like the idea, but I'm not willing to clean up after it.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!