Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!

Remove Explosive Expert role???¿¿¿

Yes!
46%
No!
54%
By [Pineapple]Koa
The explosive expert role has been an issue to me and many others. One of the main reasons is due to accessibility to grenades. Grenades have the explosive effect, and could cause mass KOS to people who are unsuspected to get killed. The explosive expert role is also a trap, as you cannot buy various items that would actually make the role as it is. Ex: Demolition charges. All I'm asking is to remove this role, if not then let the community ( ☭ ) decide on the role's fate.
TrippL liked this
By RagnarosPower
Well you can cause mass kos with anything, grenades are the least of the worries to be honest. And if you'll remove that role, how will explosives be purchased? As for the inability to purchase charges, it's kinda weird that it was removed due to false raiding when the main weapon used for false raiding is dragonfangs / nykorev's, and you can't just get rid of the items in an attempt to stop false raiding as theres so many items you can raid with it'd be chaos if all of them would be removed lol. There are other ways to combat false raiding plugin-wise without making the community angry.
Flopdup, tMoist, Rose<3 and 2 others liked this
By Mushy
Well you can cause mass kos with anything, grenades are the least of the worries to be honest. And if you'll remove that role, how will explosives be purchased? As for the inability to purchase charges, it's kinda weird that it was removed due to false raiding when the main weapon used for false raiding is dragonfangs / nykorev's, and you can't just get rid of the items in an attempt to stop false raiding as theres so many items you can raid with it'd be chaos if all of them would be removed lol. There are other ways to combat false raiding plugin-wise without making the community angry.
Not to shoot down your idea off the bat, but I agree with Ragna on not removing this role, for the same reasons he stated. It's a unique and essential role.

Rag, as for the Demolition Charges (AKA Explosive Charges) being removed, http://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=94502#p94502 That's when the decision to remove charges was made. The Demolition Charges can be easily crafted by any player, who can then go around causing mass destruction to player-built structures (FailRP, False Raid) overnight, leaving without a trace since there are no damage logs for structures nor "crafting" logs.

The Demolition Charges deal an extremely high damage value to structures and barricades, 10-20 times higher than Sticky Grenades and Fragmentation Grenades, let alone a Nykorev. It's not only about the number of items players have at their disposal that determines the amount of raid damage they can cause. We also have to take item properties and details into consideration.

Comparison
  • Demolition Charges - Link
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Link
  • Sticky Grenade - Link
Since we cannot prevent them from being crafted, they had to be restricted for all players and removed from the shop.
By RagnarosPower
Not to shoot down your idea off the bat, but I agree with Ragna on not removing this role, for the same reasons he stated. It's a unique and essential role.

Rag, as for the Demolition Charges (AKA Explosive Charges) being removed, http://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=94502#p94502 That's when the decision to remove charges was made. The Demolition Charges can be easily crafted by any player, who can then go around causing mass destruction to player-built structures (FailRP, False Raid) overnight, leaving without a trace since there are no damage logs for structures nor "crafting" logs.

The Demolition Charges deal an extremely high damage value to structures and barricades, 10-20 times higher than Sticky Grenades and Fragmentation Grenades, let alone a Nykorev. It's not only about the number of items players have at their disposal that determines the amount of raid damage they can cause. We also have to take item properties and details into consideration.

Comparison
  • Demolition Charges - Link
  • Fragmentation Grenade - Link
  • Sticky Grenade - Link
Since we cannot prevent them from being crafted, they had to be restricted for all players and removed from the shop.
Ah I see, yeah I agree they only require 2 different roles to craft and cause a lot of damage. Although it'd be interesting to create a poll to see the community's thought towards making a plugin that removes false raiding and how it'd function would be like this:

- Structures cannot be damaged by any player unless /raid was done which will then allow the player to damage the building they are raiding (would create a circle around the player in a 300m radius) and players assisting the raid will be allowed to damage the structure around the original 300m zone that was created by the raider. Then upon the raid being over /raidover will disallow the raiders from damaging the building again until /raid is executed again. I double checked with a dev and this is possible especially with how good you are with coding (Or hire somebody to do it for you if you do not have the time to do it, I can recommend some devs that'd make this quickly for you but I'm sure you already know some people). It would fix the false raiding issue and wouldn't require the community to learn how the plugin works as they would still use the same commands, only difference would be that they cannot damage any structures unless they execute the raiding command. This of course requires certain modifications such as being able to destroy certain barricades / structures such as landmines, charges, all seeds including berries, maybe barbed wire, etc. I can go into further detail with this with you privately and explain exactly how it'd have to function with you if you wish. The only main disadvantage I'd see with this would be that creating a 300m destructable zone around the raiders will mean they can destroy other buildings near the original building, which would be against the rules therefore requiring staff members to look out for, although it wouldn't cause too many issues as police will be there to stop the raiders too and can witness rule breaking. Also I'd recommend that the plugin would only allow you to do /raid if there are an X amount of police on the server so there's people to stop the raiders to allow further RP-ing.
By Mushy
Ah I see, yeah I agree they only require 2 different roles to craft and cause a lot of damage. Although it'd be interesting to create a poll to see the community's thought towards making a plugin that removes false raiding and how it'd function would be like this:

- Structures cannot be damaged by any player unless /raid was done which will then allow the player to damage the building they are raiding (would create a circle around the player in a 300m radius) and players assisting the raid will be allowed to damage the structure around the original 300m zone that was created by the raider. Then upon the raid being over /raidover will disallow the raiders from damaging the building again until /raid is executed again. I double checked with a dev and this is possible especially with how good you are with coding (Or hire somebody to do it for you if you do not have the time to do it, I can recommend some devs that'd make this quickly for you but I'm sure you already know some people). It would fix the false raiding issue and wouldn't require the community to learn how the plugin works as they would still use the same commands, only difference would be that they cannot damage any structures unless they execute the raiding command. This of course requires certain modifications such as being able to destroy certain barricades / structures such as landmines, charges, all seeds including berries, maybe barbed wire, etc. I can go into further detail with this with you privately and explain exactly how it'd have to function with you if you wish. The only main disadvantage I'd see with this would be that creating a 300m destructable zone around the raiders will mean they can destroy other buildings near the original building, which would be against the rules therefore requiring staff members to look out for, although it wouldn't cause too many issues as police will be there to stop the raiders too and can witness rule breaking. Also I'd recommend that the plugin would only allow you to do /raid if there are an X amount of police on the server so there's people to stop the raiders to allow further RP-ing.
This sounds somewhat similar to an idea we brainstormed ages ago, about creating raid zones. There's still the issue of the raider's location when he calls the raid. They'd have to already be inside the base prior to calling it, preferably near the center of it, as I understand. I know you remember us having this exact convo before :laugh:

This is by no means a bad idea Rag. We'll be adding it to our Trello and I would definitely like to discuss it further with you, but please note that we have three major changes coming up, such as the remaining new Greece items being added to the servers, and two really awesome plugins coming up which will be especially useful for RP. One of them being DiscordHook, which should allow for easier communication between in-game players and RP staff on Discord. I won't spoil the surprise of the other plugin, though as you can imagine we're doing overtime this Xmas break to work on server improvements. I might end up talking a bit to talk to you about this, though I know you understand how hectic it can get at times, esp. when there's still unfinished work on the table :P
RagnarosPower liked this
By tMoist

This sounds somewhat similar to an idea we brainstormed ages ago, about creating raid zones. There's still the issue of the raider's location when he calls the raid. They'd have to already be inside the base prior to calling it, preferably near the center of it, as I understand. I know you remember us having this exact convo before :laugh:

This is by no means a bad idea Rag. We'll be adding it to our Trello and I would definitely like to discuss it further with you, but please note that we have three major changes coming up, such as the remaining new Greece items being added to the servers, and two really awesome plugins coming up which will be especially useful for RP. One of them being DiscordHook, which should allow for easier communication between in-game players and RP staff on Discord. I won't spoil the surprise of the other plugin, though as you can imagine we're doing overtime this Xmas break to work on server improvements. I might end up talking a bit to talk to you about this, though I know you understand how hectic it can get at times, esp. when there's still unfinished work on the table :P
You guys have a Trello!?

Send me a screenshot I wanna see if Judge role is still there
By RagnarosPower

Haha yeah I do remember us talking bout it although it was a bit over the top with the old idea as we wanted like exact locations and such lol with this idea I wanted to over-simplify it and just use the exact system we have now with /raid "Location of the base" although add the modification to where structures cannot be damaged unless the command is used. And yeah the circle thing is why I said 300meters because thatd cover like the entire seattle so the person wouldnt have to be in the middle or nothing as the circle would be around a huge area. There is the problem to where they must be at the raid location when doing it but to be honest if you're calling a raid you'll probably be at the location and there'd be like automatic reminders for it. The old idea is not doable as we wanted to use it for players to know where the raid is using exact coords and stuff and have a region that warns the players theres a raid near them and so on but all that over complicates it, it'd just use the same raiding system but make it so structures cannot be damaged. But yeah this is just an idea, not something required atm, those ideas you have sound amazing, I heard of discordhook and I can imagine how dope that'd be for players and staff especially, either way goodluck with all those changes, if you need specifics later on just give me a shout.
Mushy liked this
By Mushy
Thanks Ragna, we appreciate your continued commitment and your suggestions, and above all the fact that you're still lurking around PH! :P

We'll leave this topic open for further discussion so that we can start work on it if/when we all agree on the plugin's specifics.

Thanks!
RagnarosPower liked this
By wonslowcar
What i'd love is to make the role name more obvious. Many players get fooled by the name "expert", not realizing it means "explosives expert" and oftenly have to be told by another player on.
Maybe make it the way that police and bandit are, where you have to wait 2 hours to do it.
By tMoist
What i'd love is to make the role name more obvious. Many players get fooled by the name "expert", not realizing it means "explosives expert" and oftenly have to be told by another player on.
I remember thinking when I first joined pandahut (Almost a year ago!) that expert was something who could do well..... everything. Thankfully I just went good ol' RCMP. Miku, Mushy, if you see this I would highly recommend making /roles display the full name of Explosive Expert, to prevent confusion + disappointment with new players

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!