Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
I usually play on the Washington RP as non-fighting job for most of the time.
I enjoy the whole concept of roleplay, doing your job, being payed for it and interacting with people without getting your head blown up. And that's why I love playing roleplaying servers, pandahut ones being the most polished.
However, for the most roles there are a number of problems at the moment, which make the game kind of unplayable, or at least not worth doing or boring:

a) at the moment there is absolutely no balance on the number of classes that play on the server. When I play the proportion of the jobs goes something like this: 15 bandits, 5 cops, 2 non-fighting roles +/- 1 hitman. That's a nightmare for jobs like farmer, builder, decorator, constructor and so on, since you can't deal with other people or work for them without being robbed about 50% of the time(from my experience). What makes it even worse is the fact 90% of the new players choose either bandits or cops without reading the damn rules and it can lead to some horrendous situations for both the other players and the admins that have to deal with them, because people don't know how to rob, arrest, assist or about warnings.
I am begging almost every guest to read the rules when they join the game and to not select these 2 roles, but with no success, they just blindly pick bandit most of the time.

b) the kit problems...I mean really, the whole existence of kit food and kit health makes jobs like farmer, chef, fisherman and doctor obsolete. Some of these are my favorite roles but playing them leads to 2 problems: 1 is described above at point a) and the other one is the fact that the only way of making money with these roles is by selling crap stuff (like dressings and seeds) to the shop. What's the whole point of roleplaying then ? Just selling items to the shop isn't roleplaying, the whole interaction with other players is real roleplaying, however that can't happen for most of the non-fighting jobs because of points a) and b).

There could be a lot of stuff done to deal with this issues:
1- removal of those kit food, health
2- job number restriction, when a certain job exceeds the other ones by a lot on the server
3- don't allow the new players to select fighting roles (cops and bandits) without a certain number of hours played already on the server...to familiarize themselves with the rules
4- force the people to read the rules before choosing a role

I know most people won't report these issues, but that's because most people are either bandits or cops so it doesn't affect them. This comes from the perspective a non-fighting role. However, to all bandits and cops out there, how does it feel when there is no decorator or builder on the server and you desperately need a locker, oven, one way glass and so on ?
I really enjoy the Pandahut roleplay and I am wasting my time writing this stuff because I still see a lot of potential in your servers, not just to be an a**hole.
Cheers and pardon my english if it sucks (not a native english speaker).
Last edited by ZorbaTheGreek on January 29th, 2017, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helena, Dutchy, isabella liked this
I usually play on the Washington RP as non-fighting job for most of the time.
I enjoy the whole concept of roleplay, doing your job, being payed for it and interacting with people without getting your head blown up. And that's why I love playing roleplaying servers, pandahut ones being the most polished.
However, for the most roles there are a number of problems at the moment, which make the game kind of unplayable, or at least not worth doing or boring:

a) at the moment there is absolutely no balance on the number of classes that play on the server. When I play the proportion of the jobs goes something like this: 15 bandits, 5 cops, 2 non-fighting roles +/- 1 hitman. That's a nightmare for jobs like farmer, builder, decorator, constructor and so on, since you can't deal with other people or work for them without being robbed about 50% of the time(from my experience). What makes it even worse is the fact 90% of the new players choose either bandits or cops without reading the damn rules and it can lead to some horrendous situations for both the other players and the admins that have to deal with them, because people don't know how to rob, arrest, assist or about warnings.
I am begging every guest to read the rules when they join the game and to not select these 2 roles, but with no success, they just blindly pick bandit most of the time.

b) the kit problems...I mean really, the whole existence of kit food and kit health makes jobs like farmer, chef, fisherman and doctor obsolete. Some of these are my favorite roles but playing them leads to 2 problems: 1 is described above at point a) and the other one is the fact that the only way of making money with these roles is by selling crap stuff (like dressings and seeds) to the shop. What's the whole point of roleplaying then ? Just selling items to the shop isn't roleplaying, the whole interaction with other players is real roleplaying, however that can't happen for most of the non-fighting jobs because of points a) and b).

There could be a lot of stuff done to deal with this issues:
2- job number restriction, when a certain job exceeds the other ones by a lot on the server
3- don't allow the new players to select fighting roles (cops and bandits) without a certain number of hours played already on the server...to familiarize themselves with the rules

I know most people won't report these issues, but that's because most people are either bandits or cops so it doesn't affect them. This comes from the perspective a non-fighting role. However, to all bandits and cops out there, how does it feel when there is no decorator or builder on the server and you desperately need a locker, oven, one way glass and so on ?
I really enjoy the Pandahut roleplay and I am wasting my time writing this stuff because I still see a lot of potential in your servers, not just to be an a**hole.
Cheers and pardon my english if it sucks (not a native english speaker).
after I saw the first sentence.
I will ask you this:
Do you know any other server with the same commands, structure, rules and good planification or a better roleplay server? From what I have seen. Pandahut is unique the first rp servers with actual rules. Mods that actually help, /roles, and good economy and events
While other rp servers are just about acting and have no staff. PH has been copied many times by other servers, what you are saying may be true but this is because the rate of new players is increasing and 85% of them get the read the rules ban
I agree with your point B. A role limit. Remove kit food and stuff It's a good idea but pH is good right now
ZorbaTheGreek liked this
1- Because something is considered the best it doesn't mean it can't improve.
2- Because something is considered the best it doesn't mean it can't decline in quality over time.
3- Maybe read the whole thing before criticizing me.
1. PH has constant improvements
2. I know :v
3.I did. I agree with you. I am saying that the reason why it "sucks" it's fir the huge number of new players recently
2- Because something is considered the best it doesn't mean it can't decline in quality over time.
3.I did. I agree with you. I am saying that the reason why it "sucks" it's fir the huge number of new players recently
Deleted my number 3, my mistake
Helena liked this
Deleted my number 3, my mistake
đź‘Ť
Hola there!
I don't comment very much, but I found your post very interesting.

... I think they are eventually going to remove kit food and kit health

... I like this because I see either too many police on, or too many bandits. Doesn't help when someone is getting robbed and there is no police officers to help out, vice versa for the bandit role

I actually agree on this very much so. Too many people choose the police and bandit role believing they can shoot anyone when they believe they are "robbing/arresting" without the command, therefore resulting in a kos. Then they get banned for a 15 min to go read the rules, which i'm not even sure if they even bother to go read it

I don't know if you can necessarily "force" a person to read the rules, but if the server sends them an alert to where they can find the rules for their role and what you are able/not able to do, I could see that

PH does not suck, at all. All servers need improvements.

I really like this post.

+1
ZorbaTheGreek liked this
Hola there!
I don't comment very much, but I found your post very interesting.

... I think they are eventually going to remove kit food and kit health

... I like this because I see either too many police on, or too many bandits. Doesn't help when someone is getting robbed and there is no police officers to help out, vice versa for the bandit role

I actually agree on this very much so. Too many people choose the police and bandit role believing they can shoot anyone when they believe they are "robbing/arresting" without the command, therefore resulting in a kos. Then they get banned for a 15 min to go read the rules, which i'm not even sure if they even bother to go read it

I don't know if you can necessarily "force" a person to read the rules, but if the server sends them an alert to where they can find the rules for their role and what you are able/not able to do, I could see that

PH does not suck, at all. All servers need improvements.

I really like this post.

+1
Thank you for the support :-)

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!