You can talk about anything you ever want here! (Within Pandahut Rules)
By Arashi_tlk
As you could guess from the title, I'm curious to how many YouTubers we have. And not only that, but who all is recording their endeavors. I wouldn't mind seeing their style of gameplay, or even editing or whatever as well. Maybe talk about what issues they're having, what they love about it, just anything in general that deals with being a YouTuber.

I just start myself over a week ago, and still going strong. I'm in fact recording more than I'm editing atm and that isn't good lol. But just means more material to sift through to get the content into the videos ;P. I started out with 720p videos due to only having 16x9 monitors. Couple days into recording I knew I needed 1080p monitors to record 1080 videos. I searched around and scooped up two, near perfect, Asus VH238H's for a really good price. 23", 1080p, LED, 50,000,000:1, 2ms, and they work great.

The program I'm using to record is called Raptr, it's tied in with AMD Gaming Evolved and Plays.tv. Play.tv has it's own basic editor as well so that's what I was using at first. Later I picked up Sony Vegas 13 which can do a lot more.

Currently I don't have a set schedule for uploading or whatever. But I usually put at least one to two videos up everyday or every other day. (got a little lazy this week) I'm still figuring out things, changing up titles, tags and such to attract more viewers to my content. I still get excited and feel good each time someone subs and likes the videos, not to mention liking the fact the view counter just keeps going up!

The reason why I YouTube is because I've always loved the idea of making money off of YouTube, I mean to turn that into a job that pays the bills just by gaming and recording is awesome lol. Sure I'm not as big as some of the other guys out there, but that would be great to get to that level some day. Aside from the money aspect, it also is a form of getting to know others from the community, making friends and spreading the love of gaming.

My link is in the signature. Don't be afraid to link you're to this forum as well, I'd be glad to check out your videos and to sub!
By J011yR4nch3r
I YouTube as well, and have had experience with editing in Adobe Premire. I reccomend using that if you can afford the CC subscription. I do record, but hate using fraps lol. I'll probably invest in some other recording software. I'll link my past channels here. I don't actively post on these anymore, as my interests have changed over the years, as has my editing style. I have other channels as well but they are not as popular so I don't care to list them at the moment, but you can see examples of how I edited my videos if you need some inspiration.

YouTube.com/creativebrickstudios
YouTube.com/thunderboltairsofttv

-J011y
By Arashi_tlk
Glad to hear there is another YouTuber, I've heard of another person being a YouTuber, but I don't know who it was. I've heard of Adobe Premire before, but never used it. I just got Sony Vegas 13, and that seems to be one of the big dogs in the editing field as well. It's gonna take some time to figure out everything, and to figure out my edition style, but I will get there.

I've tried using Fraps once, didn't like it, I tried out OBS, it worked out okay for streaming but not the best quality from what I seen. I've tried a few others, but Raptr works out okay for now. It doesn't put much of a work load on my computer compared to other recorders. And it works directly with my AMD software. If you have an AMD GPU, I'd recommend giving it a shot to anyone that wants to get into recording.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!