You can talk about anything you ever want here! (Within Pandahut Rules)
By UDontKnow
Is it possible that weight can be negative, and if so what would it look like?
Start da argument in la replies below
By Social Skillz
physically impossible
the best you can have is anti-matter, which has a 'negative' weight, but it is HIGHLY combustible with matter
meaning if you drop (i believe) a penny-size of it on the ground in new york or LA, it would blow up with so much force it would destroy the entire city
infact, we have a way to make anti-matter, but we have no way of storing it
note: everything in the world has weight to it, even an atom (i.e atomic mass)
so no, you cannot have negative weight since you'd have negative mass which would effectively make you anti-matter and make you explode
By GrandpaHoovie
WElllll
Balloons full of helium?
By Yoshi
WElllll
Balloons full of helium?
Balloons with helium still weigh something, but I’m pretty sure helium is less dense than air, so it floats.
TomatoChunks liked this
By Social Skillz
WElllll
Balloons full of helium?
like i said, the best you'll get to 'negative weight' is anti-matter. and that shits rare
did you know: there is an equal amount of anti-matter for every normal matter
By SnowingFate657
Short answer. Nope, you can't. Not with out violating some very serious fundamentals. Primarily, the fact that currently gravity is the only known force that only has an attractive, and no pushing force. Since we have not seen any evidence of that anywhere at all, its very unlikely. Also, negative weight would imply something would have a negative value for mass, which would make it very terrifying. Its implication would mean that you could create a bomb that was endothermic. A bomb that absorbed energy, and sucked the heat from the air and surroundings. I'm pretty amateurish with physics and am sure I got things wrong here but if you give it pause for a thought, in short the answer is no, not with out radical changes to our understanding of thermodynamics.

Edit: If you got the idea to ask this question because of the sci-show video, they were talking about bouncy the whole time, it was a clickbait title.
Miku, TomatoChunks liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!