You can talk about anything you ever want here! (Within Pandahut Rules)
By iMC
EDIT: Before you start, this post might give you some context --> https://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25746

During my stint as PSD's in-house mechanic, I noticed that the way PSD did things was a bit...unrealistic. See, a weeks before, my base got raided...in real life. I was at home doing last-minute studying for a midterm when someone knocked on my door, then rang the doorbell repeatedly. I went to investigate, and when I thought whoever was ringing (probably a door-to-door salesman) had left, the door was kicked open and two guys in ski masks broke into my house. Thankfully, nothing was taken, and when they saw me, they ran away. When the police came, they took me aside and asked me about what had happened. (kinda like a modsit, sure, but in real life) I asked them about how the process went and they said that they dealt with this on a case-by-case basis.

What I took from that real life experience was that PSD should have a record of crimes in which they arrested for. Thankfully, I had taken a high school class on the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, etc...), so I went to work. 6 hours later, I presented Yoseph with the PSD Criminal Record, a spreadsheet that took data from a form that officers filled out after each arrest, and put it in a searchable format that could be understood. It even came with statistics based on how many officers did how many arrests, what kinds of arrest were the most common, etc... This was soon accompanied by the PSD Activity and Financial Records, and eventually was combined into the PSD Guide, where the system would be used until PSD's shutdown.

I also did a fair bit of branding for the Pandahut Sheriff Department. If you were to apply for PSD, Washington or PEI, you may have been greeted with an accept/decline letter, which I designed. I chose Garamond as the main typeface, as it was a Serif font, which made the brand look old and reliable. I was inspired by the phrase "the Thin Blue Line", and decided to incorporate it into the letters, as they both had thin blue lines to separate the headers from the actual letters, to represent the dedication the PSD officers had for the law.

When Klockmann came back to PSD, he decided to run for a fourth term as Mayor of PEI. He asked me if I would be able to do some graphic work for his electoral campaign. I designed his banner for his electoral campaign, and he won. (See his post here --> https://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... 1&p=137785, I also designed the variant in his signature.) Since then, I have been designing electoral banners for various people, such as MattCobra (which, honestly, I regret making), Jrider and Supreme Leader.

During his fourth term, Klockmann appointed me as his Public Affairs Minister. I had decided to convey the Klockmann government's actions in a well-designed newsletter (which you can find here --> https://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23235) To be honest, this was probably the precursor to SIM Magazine, as although it was published by the PEI government, most of the opinions were my own.

After Klockmann's term as mayor, I got a DM from Duke II (who was, at the time, the current mayor of PEI), asking me to make a newsletter. He said he missed the newsletters I did during Klock's term and that I was pretty good at it. He wanted "your paper to positively challenge me", so I decided to give the magazine an investigative spin. Hence, SIM Magazine was born. Honestly I kept the animated cover page as a surprise from Duke II, and he liked it. (You can read SIM Magazine here --> https://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23809)

SIM Magazine Issue 2 (AKA Tale of Two Matts) was originally an FBI-centric issue, discussing about whether the FBI was worthy of replacing the PSD. However, at the time, the BlackHats were becoming more and more popular, so we were able to have an interview with Matt Newton about the BlackHats, as well as me utilizing some new-found help by having NeedlessMemeing interview MattCobra. To be honest, this was just a filler issue, the design was very similar to Issue 1 because I was too busy planning for Issue 3 to be bothered to think up a new design.

SIM Magazine Issue 3 (Pandahut: Deconstructed Pt. 1) was an issue I really wanted to do for a while. It originally was to include some very big-name interviewees, but unfortunately they were too busy to be interviewed, so they may show up in a future issue. Nevertheless, securing an interview with Classified and Ragnaros was no small feat in and of itself. Class's interview was transcribed from a verbal interview I had with him, while Ragnaros's was completely text-based. I wonder if people could actually spot the difference.

I tend to have a conversationalist way of interviewing people. Having a discussion with someone in voice chat, when we are both speaking, is probably my preferred way of interviewing someone, because then I can simply build questions off of their answers. I also like asking questions about what they do, what they think of Pandahut/Pandahut RolePlay, and real life issues, respectively. This way I can get an encompassing image of the person behind the character, because it's always easier to think of players as characters instead of people.

I am currently working on SIM Magazine Issue 4, as well as a special issue of SIM Magazine and an unannounced project that I will be working with Golden Falcon Studios to create and maintain for the long run.

I have been asked to do various logos by lots of people. Contrary to popular belief, as an artist I have limits. So far, the only limitations I have found are the following: 1. I absolutely cannot draw (I don't have a drawing tablet) and 2. I cannot do badge-style logos. That being said, if you do commission a logo or a banner from me, and you don't like the result, PLEASE TELL ME TO MY FACE. MattCobra made the mistake of not doing so and this election banner was the price he paid --> https://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... 27#p152427 (I still hate it to this day.)

If you are thinking about becoming a Pandahut creative, here are some tips:
- Know your strengths and limitations.
- Think differently.
- Don't be afraid to look things up on Google. Watch tutorials if you have to.
- Know how you work. Are you spontaneous, changing things until they look good? Do you go with a vision, changing things until it matches said image?
- Know how Creative Commons Licenses work. This one is important. Look for CC0 media, or if you can't, know how to attribute/what sharealike means, etc...
- DON'T GIVE UP. BUT DON'T BE AFRAID TO TAKE A BREAK IF IT'S NOT FUN ANYMORE.

OK it's now 3:00 AM and I need to sleep. Thanks for reading this final unfiltered brain dump about my creative journey on the Pandahut forums. G'night.

EDIT: Unfiltered Thoughts of a Roleplay Super-Mod --> https://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25747
TrippL, Mr AJ liked this
+1
I can't see my name In there... this can't be good
iMC liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!