You can talk about anything you ever want here! (Within Pandahut Rules)
By iMC
EDIT: Before you start, this post might give you some context --> https://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25746

Rose was a roleplay administrator that I frequently bumped into while I was helping the staff. One night, I was helping her clear Alberton buildings when she suggested that I apply for the staff team again. I say again, because my first staff application was a complete and utter failure. I made it after being KOSed five times on 13, and it was more a plea of desperation than an actual application.

After hesitating and thinking about it for a few days, I decided to apply for staff once more. This time, I got accepted. My first day as a trial-mod was probably one of the most hectic days of my roleplay life. I had zero experience with the commands, and was thrust into a server with tons of KOS. Miraculously, I didn't screw up and survived the initial transition. After a few days (and various messups, each with a resignation attempt from myself), I ended up getting settled in the moderating position. I did (and still do) rely on the rest of the RPStaff team for sits that I didn't know how to handle. After a month, I was promoted to a full moderator. Honestly, the jump from trial-mod to full mod is not that far. The only important additional duties you get is /checkowner, /unban, /freeze, and /addrole, as well as additional security in your moderating job.

Anyway, around that time, I was able to serve the community and the servers, but, of course, real life had to intervene. The York University strike of 2018 happened (see here --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_York ... ity_strike), which put my education in academic limbo. I ended up taking a break from PH staff because I didn't know when the strike would end and I would have to do exams. Unfortunately, when the strike ended, my PH break had lasted approximately three months. Even I agreed that that was too long for me to be on break, so I resigned from staff.

After my exams were finished, I came back to Pandahut staff, though my application was delayed a week because I had just come back. I ended up being accepted, and I was back to step 1, which was easier than I thought because of my PH staff experience. After rising up the ranks once again, but with less screwups and subsequent resignation attempts, I was promoted back to full mod after a week.

Then, my laptop broke (the SATA cable was damaged), and I had to go on break due to the laptop being needed to be fixed in the middle of midterm season. It was not fun seeing all the RPStaff pings and knowing I couldn't help them because my laptop was broken. Eventually, my laptop was fixed, and I returned to moderating the Pandahut servers.

I recently was promoted to RolePlay Super Moderator alongside MattCobra and NeedlessMemeing. It was a huge jump from Moderator to Super Moderator, mainly because now we had to take care of ban appeals and most of the roleplay forums. It was not fun being reprimanded for accidentally taking over another supermod's ban appeal, or shutting down another one so early. Ironically, I basically felt like a trial mod again. (the first time, not the second)

I remember one sit I had during my second trial mod run, I was dealing with Matt Newton (yes, that Matt Newton) during a FailRP sit and he made a comment along the lines of "oh, Pandahut's staff have really gone down the shitter. I could have done 10 sits in the time you finish this one". Yes, I do agree that my modsits can be a bit long, but that's because I always try to make sure that the person that is being punished knows why they are being punished. So if it's a KOS sit and the KOSer has 0 hours, I will make sure that the KOSer knows that this is a roleplay server, and that KOS is not allowed, then point them towards the rules and ban them for an hour. If it is a FailRP sit, I will make sure the person know why they failed RP, then punish them accordingly. I don't believe in efficiency in modsits, I believe in effectiveness in modsits, making sure that the people involved understand what I am doing and why I am doing it.

Very recently, the number of modsits that I have dealt with have taken a serious toll on my brain. I started calling people different names, accidentally looked up the wrong logs, and even got into a sort-of-argument with other staff members. I even accidentally ignored someone's @RPStaff tag and got reported for it. Hence why I am taking a break from modsits. It's funny, how so many people in the Pandahut community want to become staff, but they never take into account the amount of verbal abuse and toxicity that you must deal with as a staff member. It's like a sledgehammer on a concrete wall. After a while, the sledgehammer is going to break through. People are not fun to deal with, especially when they see staff members as not people but banhammers that will do what they tell us to do. We're the staff members here, please stop telling us how to do our jobs.

I think that Pandahut has a great roleplay community, and I'm also thankful that the Global Admins, as well as the Roleplay Admins, are as helpful and open-minded to consider suggestions and new ideas. I've talked to Mushy and Miku about new ideas, Ragnaros for rule changes, and I've helped Classified with searching up logs. Hell, I've even interviewed the latter two in SIM Magazine Issue 3. So, thanks to Mushy, Miku, Ragnaros, Classified, Aren and Rose for supporting me through my Pandahut staff journey. Next stop: RP Admin! (or demoted. all good things come to an end.)

Thanks for reading my unfiltered rant about my staff experience on Pandahut. I'm going to make my third post on my Pandahut forums creative experience soon.

P.S. If you want a referral from me, DM me on Discord, iMC#8217. Note that I will need to screen your staff application first, then you're going to have to answer some modsit-related questions in Discord DMs.

EDIT: Unfiltered Imagination of a Pandahut Creative --> https://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25749
xDreamLand liked this
By Voxil
Took me a couple minutes to read it through, and honestly I can agree with some of it <3
Weird ass post though ;)
iMC, Pablo Escobar. liked this
By iMC
Unfiltered is the key word.
By Cookie
"I don't believe in efficiency in modsits, I believe in effectiveness in modsits"

*Slowly claps*
iMC liked this
By Yoshi
Damn newton was rude to the chill people too....
iMC liked this
iMC more Like IMCA <3

Mr. John Wick
"I don't believe in efficiency in modsits, I believe in effectiveness in modsits"

*Slowly claps*
Why clap slowly when you have The ability to clap fast?
By iMC
Additional Unfiltered Thoughts:

Logs are probably one of the most powerful tools that a staff member can use. They display chat feed, kill feed, equip logs, building logs, etc.. Without logs, a staff member can't perform his duty as a staff member properly. (just ask any trial mod who had to stand in the middle of Mass KOS without access to logs) However, they are also extremely exploitable, and must be used with lots of self-control. It is easy and very tempting to abuse logs, to use it for personal reasons (finding out who raided your base, etc.), or to just watch the server through the logs (i.e. log stalking). Even though most of the time log stalking is done for good intentions, it can be used for personal gain, as they can read PMs & group chat when they aren't needed. It takes a lot of self-control to use the logs and not search up whoever raided my base, etc... That is probably one of the main reasons why the RP admins are really picky about their staff members.

I recently joined an RP group, and realized why so many moderators don't roleplay. They end up being called on so many times that they either ignore the /adminh's (sometimes it's because they are in a roleplay situation like a kidnapping, and they need to follow through with it) or they just hang around waiting for modsits. Some staff have done this so often that they have completely disconnected from roleplay, only getting on so they could do modsits. (eg. Ragnaros) Most of the time people ask for staff so much, and sometimes abuse /adminh, I literally have to ask people if they are calling for me as a staff member or as a role. One time I was /adminh'd by someone to TP, I /tp'd to them, turns out they only wanted a metal hatch and some doubledoors. I wasn't even a builder. -_- But I still have to pay attention to /adminh because of those KOSers.

I've always wondered why people Mass KOS. I know that some new players, especially extremely new ones, have done it accidentally, not knowing that they have joined a roleplay server. I have a feeling for those that have no intent to roleplay, they are just as shit at PVP as I am. So they decide to purposely join roleplay servers and kill unsuspecting players so they can feel better about themselves and maybe add some kills to that killcounter. Finally, for those who aren't new and decide to Mass KOS, they may claim that they were bored with roleplay. However, I think that they just want to leave an impression on the Pandahut roleplay community. Most people are affected by the fear of being forgotten, especially after death. They want to know that they made an impression in people's lives, and some people may think that Mass KOSing would be funny and would leave some sort of impression on the players. The truth is, it would not make any sort of impression on the community. We see so much Mass KOSing that it has just become part of the job. We won't remember you if you Mass KOS, staff abuse, or blatantly break the rules, not because we refuse to, but because we see so much of it that we've become desensitized from it. I don't know, these are just theories. I have never Mass KOSed on any server (yes, even PVP, because I'm dead the next second), so I really don't know.
By Cookie

*Slowly claps*
Why clap slowly when you have The ability to clap fast?
*claps fast*
By Voxil
I know how you feel bb iMC, when I was a Moderator, I had NO time for RP as I was a nocturnal staff, in which there would be so many KOSes and other rules being broken, and when I wasn't doing mod sits I would probably be talking with the community in world chat.
iMC liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!