Please beware this is NOT rules, only RP laws which police must enforce.
PUBLISHED BY THE MAYOR'S OFFICE OF WASHINGTON
Office Theme: “”
Office Term: the 8th of 00:00 EST
- This document is the official Lawbook of the State of Washington. It is to be followed by all inhabitants of the State of Washington and is in effect during the term of a Mayor who endorses the Lawbook.
- Punishments will vary depending on the discretion of the authority involved. As a result, citation amounts, jail times issued by arrest initiators and Judges, and kill warrant rewards will not be listed.
1. Use common sense to these laws, please contact the Mayor if you have any suggestions to be more specific.
2. All of these laws will apply to everyone in Washington
3. Officers MUST trash all illegal items/confiscating items/etc they find.
4. Where 'reasonable evidence' is implied, this cannot include chat. You must either have a living eyewitness, or witnessed it yourself. If the suspect dies doing the crime or after, you cannot arrest them or warrant them.
Subsection 1: Misdemeanors
1. A misdemeanor is a crime that constitutes the ticketing of a person.
2. Current misdemeanors include:
2.1. Possession of (2) unlicensed weapons, 100 per unlicensed. Max is 200BB
2.2. Jaywalking (minimum of 10 seconds spent on the road without any reason to be on there), 50BB
2.3. Disturbing the peace. Includes: shooting a weapon for no reason, causing chaos or any other offence deemed annoying, 200BB
Subsection 2: Infractions
1. An infraction is a crime that constitutes the use of an arrest against a person.
2. Current infractions include:
2.1. Possession of (3) or more unlicensed weapons, Jail Time: 6
2.2. Possession of berries (including seeds, refined and pies), Jail Time: 5-10mins
2.3. Ingestion of glue or other drugs/narcotics, Jail Time: 6mins
2.4. Possession of weaponry that has been banned in accordance with Section 3, Jail Time: 5-10mins
2.5. Having any amount of unpaid tickets (not paid within one hour), Jail Time: 6-10mins
2.6. Stealing vehicles with a testimony provided by a witness if the officer isn’t in the area within 15 minutes, Jail Time: 10mins
2.7. The selling of weapons by a non-weaponsmith to anyone other than a weaponsmith. (A weaponsmith is the only role who is legally allowed to sell weapons), Jail Time: 8mins
2.8. The possession of a vehicle defined as a police vehicle or designated ‘dangerous’ in accordance with Section 4, Jail Time: 10mins
2.9. Non-compliance with a police officer that has a valid reason to warn you. They must use the standard warning system, and they can arrest, Jail Time: 5mins
2.10. Possession or wearing of 1 or more articles of police clothing, Jail Time: 5-10mins
2.11. Reckless driving, Jail Time 6-10mins
Subsection 3: Felonies
1. A felony is a crime that constitutes the use of a kill warrant. In cases where the warrant cannot be obtained, an arrest may be used. These may only be used if the crime was directly witnessed by any living players.
2. Current felonies include:
2.1. Murder of any player (non-KOS),
2.2. Assault of a police officer (non-KOS),
2.3. Evading an arrest for an infraction,
2.4. Weapons trafficking (More than 3 unlicensed and/or illegal weapons),
2.5. Robbing, raiding or kidnapping with a testimony from a living person who witnessed the act, as long as you warrant or arrest within 15 minutes,
2.6. Exchanging more than (3) illegal items with reasonable proof,
2.7. Carrying more than (4) illegal items total in any combination, except for unlicensed weapons,
2.8. Having more than (3) outstanding tickets,
2.9. The possession of a vehicle designated ‘especially dangerous’ in accordance with Section 4,
Section 2: Demotion
1. An officer may be demoted if any of the following conditions are met, but this is to be left to the interpretation of the person handling the demotion.
2. If an officer is falsely demoted, the person who issued the demotion may be demoted himself.
3. The reasons for demotion are:
3.1. Committing an infraction without a valid excuse,
3.2. Committing any felony,
3.3 Failing to comply with direct orders from an officer higher than them for example, if a higher officer orders you to respond to a kidnapping you must respond to the kidnapping.
3.4. Failure to do your police duties in a professional manner,
3.5. Committing a false arrest,
3.6. Corruption, with valid evidence,
3.7. Selling of police cars to anybody who is not part of law enforcement,
3.8. Selling weapons as an officer (and the recipient of the deal isn't a weaponsmith),
3.9. Possession of explosives under the rank of Captain & Deputy
3.10. Opposition to trash items that are illegal
3.11 Being out of uniform completely without a Captain’s or Deputy's exception
Section 3: Illegal Weapons
1. These weapons have been deemed too powerful for normal citizens to be able to carry and thus have been made available to only law enforcement and mayor.
2. The current illegal weapons are:
2.1. Shotguns: Devil’s Bane, Chester, Bluntforce, Vonya, and any other shotguns.
2.2. Launchers: Rocket Launcher, Lancer, Military Launcher.
2.3. LMG: Dragonfang, and Alpha Dragon
2.4. Rifles: Timberwolf, Grizzly, Ekho, Matamorez, Rubicon, Hecate.
2.5. Other: Hell’s Fury, Desert Falcon, Monsieur.
Section 4: Illegal Vehicles
1. Illegal vehicles are illegal for civilians to use, and may only be used by law
1.1. They are defined in 3 categories, police, dangerous and especially dangerous.
2. These vehicles may be confiscated by police through them unlocking it with a steely wheely and then disposing of the vehicle by either dumping it in the water where it will despawn or by blowing it up, after checking that there is no one in the explosion radius.
3. The definition of police vehicles is:
3.1. Any vehicle that can only be brought by those of a police
4. The definition of dangerous illegal vehicles is:
4.1. Any vehicle that has a controllable HMG turret on it.
5. The definition of especially dangerous illegal vehicles is:
5.1. Any vehicle that has a cannon on it that can be loaded with a missile.
Section 5: Search Warrants
1. A search warrant is issued by the mayor, captian or deputy which authorizes of officers to search a property.
2. You must comply with a search warrant if it has been issued by the Mayor, Captian, or Deputy if not this will be an arrest for non-compliance of 10mins of jail
2.1. If you do not comply with a mayor, captian or deputy warrant, your base can be police raided.
Jailing and bail:
Max jail is now set to 10 mins, and max bail is 1000 bamboo. Officers are to use their own discretion.
Division 4 (Special Crimes)
4.1 Contempt of Court
If a citizen is found to be disobeying a reasonable order from a Judge, they are in contempt of court. An Officer of the Law may arrest the citizen upon this order unless the Officer is giving evidence.
C-M: Judge may order a citation or an arrest on the citizen for contempt at their pleasure as well as how much time in jail 5-10 mins
If a citizen is found to be lying whilst giving evidence under an oath, and indisputable evidence is provided that they are indeed lying, they are guilty of perjury.
M: Perjury is 10 minutes of jail time.
Section 3: Exemptions
1. Self Defence Exemptions
A citizen or Officer defending against an illegal threat, such as a robber in the act of robbery or a suspect in the act of attempting to kill or disobeying the orders of an Officer is not homicide.
Ex. Citizens killing a robber who is robbing another citizen is self-defence.
2. Procurement of Illegal Armaments Exemptions
An Officer holding the rank of Deputy or Captain is allowed to carry and use explosives. All Officers can carry and use any firearm with a licence.
Note:Common sense laws do exist, such as public discharge and reckless driving. These are all situation based and up to officer discretion. Do not abuse these situations
These are not subject to change
-Player and/or group bases are limited to a maximum of 2 stories high and dimensions of up to 3x3 within 100m of city limits/borders
-There must be a gap of approximately 2 floor-lengths between bases
----City limits/borders are determined by the location of prebuilt structures in the city's outskirts
----A range finder may be used to determine a player's base location in relation to city limits.
-Owners of buildings that fall outside of these restrictions must be given up to 24 hours to ensure their buildings are within legal limits. Failure to comply may result in the building being destroyed by Admins.
-Bases larger than 5x in each horizontal axis or taller than 3 stories within 100m of city limits may be destroyed on sight by admins without warning
-Bases larger than 5x in each horizontal axis or taller than 3 stories outside of city limits may be destroyed on sight by admins without warning
-Bases may be combined or exceed the maximum permitted size with administrator approval only. These exceptions are made for buildings located outside of city limits and permission is granted to groups that play a vital role in RP