You can talk about our Unturned Roleplay Servers here!
By 54d0wV1p3r
"I have asked multiple mods and admins about plates on cars and got a different answer from every single one of them."

You check one of my other suggestions you will find this there.

For context we recently got into a situation and were forced to take nine plates off our APC because it caused maybe 1fps of lag. I run this game 22fps if lucky. In RP town I run this server maybe 5fps. I am one of the people who should have been effected but I wasn't so the lag clearly wasn't a problem.

That aside and no more griping about that specific part of the situation I have a different problem.

The reason I play on this server list is purely because of the straight up amount of rules. Rules everywhere for everything, it's great and makes the server fun. Problem is there seems to be a bit of miscommunication and confusion among the mods.

I asked SuperMod Josh before putting the plates and Lockers on the APC if it was alright and he said go for it. Yung Lean tells us we might get in trouble from pyromaniac mods who take the rules too literally. We explained to every single mod and admin we met that this APC was and is not a base. It is a mobile shop that brings food and guns to the player. We are doing a major RP service as not one other caravan of our caliber is roaming to sell. But that is still a problem because of 9 plates.

Each and every single moderator, super moderator, or admin we asked about this situation gave a different answer towards the plates.

Rag told me no plates. Juan Deag told me no plates or lockers unless it's a truck. Somebody told me absolutely nothing can be on your car. Josh told me it was fine and hasn't gotten back to me. The mod who tried to solve the situation told me no plates at all and if we don't get rid of them then no more car.

Which is it? No plates? Nothing at all? Only in the back of the truck? Yes go for it?

The mods seem very confused on this subject as if the rules aren't clear.
Please try and figure this out for me.
Like I get that the rules are the rules and I'm not changing that but think about it. Mods are Judge and Jury in most situations unless a superior shows up and shuts them down. In this case this leads to many many many conflicting commands.

Josh himself told me I could have the plates, then an hour into playing a random mods gets in our faces, threatens us with losing our vehicle and 15k worth of guns, and then tells us he is there and calls a superior to simply agree with him.

We're normal players trying to make our way and we are getting bombarded by almost violently conflicting commands.
Uhhh I do not remember saying you're not allowed to have plates on your car? If I wasn't fine with it I would've added it to the rules ages ago. Although I did suggest NOT to do it (Suggestion = Optional = Not required) because it can cause issues like hitting somebody's car which then hits a player which then leads to you being banned for killing that player (their death is your fault). But I've never said you're not allowed to do so.
Then I'm confusing you with another admin. Also another thing. Anything added to a car had 0 physics. Plus our plates were strictly windows, top, and far back. Nothing should have hit those plates without jumping into our caravan.
By Queenie
Plates are completely fine, but I would suggest not having too many plates on a vehicle because freeform buildables play one of the many major factors in server lag. Also when RP2 starts lagging, we clean up freeform buildables to help reduce the amount of items on the server. Lastly plates that are sticking out of a vehicle that can be used in raiding or turning your vehicle into a giant thing that takes up the whole entire road is unacceptable because vehicles would not be able to drive on the road when your vehicle is on it and they might run people over trying to avoid yours. Mainly, if you can keep a vehicle not wider than half of a road, I am totally fine with that. Also, lockers can be placed on ANY vehicle..
Apples liked this
"I have asked multiple mods and admins about plates on cars and got a different answer from every single one of them."

You check one of my other suggestions you will find this there.

For context we recently got into a situation and were forced to take nine plates off our APC because it caused maybe 1fps of lag. I run this game 22fps if lucky. In RP town I run this server maybe 5fps. I am one of the people who should have been effected but I wasn't so the lag clearly wasn't a problem.

That aside and no more griping about that specific part of the situation I have a different problem.

The reason I play on this server list is purely because of the straight up amount of rules. Rules everywhere for everything, it's great and makes the server fun. Problem is there seems to be a bit of miscommunication and confusion among the mods.

I asked SuperMod Josh before putting the plates and Lockers on the APC if it was alright and he said go for it. Yung Lean tells us we might get in trouble from pyromaniac mods who take the rules too literally. We explained to every single mod and admin we met that this APC was and is not a base. It is a mobile shop that brings food and guns to the player. We are doing a major RP service as not one other caravan of our caliber is roaming to sell. But that is still a problem because of 9 plates.

Each and every single moderator, super moderator, or admin we asked about this situation gave a different answer towards the plates.

Rag told me no plates. Juan Deag told me no plates or lockers unless it's a truck. Somebody told me absolutely nothing can be on your car. Josh told me it was fine and hasn't gotten back to me. The mod who tried to solve the situation told me no plates at all and if we don't get rid of them then no more car.

Which is it? No plates? Nothing at all? Only in the back of the truck? Yes go for it?

The mods seem very confused on this subject as if the rules aren't clear.
Please try and figure this out for me.
I only said that because Juan normally tells people off for having too much structure on it so I was just saying be careful.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!