You can talk about our Unturned Roleplay Servers here!
By Bread Roll
So i was reading a post about some people making a RP town and i think it would make the server a much better Role Play server.

There is a mayor role coming to the server but the role is just a way of getting money atm because there is no town to be a mayor of. If the server had a safe zone in Seattle you could add a new role as well.

-Real Estate Agent

This idea would be over powered and really de-buffs raiders and stuff but it doesn't have too.

-To buy a building in seattle you will need to pay tax to the mayor and rent too the real estate agent. So that means the poor have to make a source of in come, this sparks more businesses coming into play, some people might like to stay on the good side of the law but others might go and sell drugs to people (also drug lords should not be able to sell drugs its just op they should have to sell it too people) making a drug war between cops and drug lords. also people who cant afford to pay rent to live in Seattle and that gives raiders a chance to raid, and rob. Also we don't need a actually safe zone we just need a rule in place saying no raids in Seattle because now we have the announcement system we can tell where people are raiding and if they raid Seattle we just ban them. You might say it will just add a lot of things we need too do and manage but that's what mods are here for to make the RP experience better for the players. In all honesty i would much rather play on a server that has a sense of community and RP but a sacrifice of a little more work from the people running it, than play a server when the players want a community but there efforts just get ruined.

Some rules that would need to be added.

-No raids to be called in seattle you need to do /raid "location" now so you could change the command to say raiding seattle is agaisnt the rules if they try to announce.

-The rent cost must be at least 300 bamboo per night for a little house bigger houses may vary.

-It is the estate agents job to provide generators around the city and safe zone radiators (or zombie spawns are just disabled there)

-A estate agent can hire a group of builders and constructors to build the town

- The mayor must fund the project to the best of his ability

-Only 1 house to a players name

-A sign must be placed outside the owned house with the name of the owners and people living there with him

Thanks for reading :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By George
-1 would cause WAY to many problems for mods. not only it will require A lot of conflicting rules.
By BG.Five
The idea for the town is guiet good and interesting, but however almost everyone will be in this town and roles such as bandits and police officers will disappear so instead of making it not raidable just make the police to defend it. It will be way cooler to see teh police doing thir job for once. :mrgreen:
By Game master
The idea for the town is guiet good and interesting, but however almost everyone will be in this town and roles such as bandits and police officers will disappear so instead of making it not raidable just make the police to defend it. It will be way cooler to see teh police doing thir job for once. :mrgreen:
Lol this is already their job.
If your idea was implemented the Mods and Admins would just be slapping a special name onto a certain area without doing anything special to it.

That would be a waste of time and resources.

People don't understand how high maintenance a Role Play server is. You need staff, staff with different amounts of power. You need roles, rules, police. You may even need a website which is also high maintenance. You also don't realize that these things have to be paid for.

This isn't just some magic server that exists because of magic, the mods and admins also don't always have free time, or at least not enough free time to play more than a few minutes without some bitchy squeaker complaining about being run over while in the road.

Everybody has to be happy, and that is impossible, yet the mods and admins try to do it. So what you are asking for would literally double their work load because they would have to patrol the safezone at all times.

I mean holy shit, the stuff they do for you now is extensive, yet somehow it isn't enough.
By Sudath
Kinda like the idea but I dont like the safe zone aspect. I think being able to raid these buildings will make being a police officer more fun. If you wanna make the RP town more secure but also allow raids, maybe whitelist police officers and when police officers are online have a roadblock at every entrance of seattle and have it to where you do a quick search to only bandits. You can ask them to type in chat to see if they are a bandit. Also the roadblock should always be left open when no police are attending it tho. Since the police officers would be whitelisted you can train them on how to use the roadblock and how to go through operation.
By BG.Five
If your idea was implemented the Mods and Admins would just be slapping a special name onto a certain area without doing anything special to it.

People don't understand how high maintenance a Role Play server is. You need staff, staff with different amounts of power. You need roles, rules, police. You may even need a website which is also high maintenance. You also don't realize that these things have to be paid for.

This isn't just some magic server that exists because of magic, the mods and admins also don't always have free time, or at least not enough free time to play more than a few minutes without some bitchy squeaker complaining about being run over while in the road.

Everybody has to be happy, and that is impossible, yet the mods and admins try to do it. So what you are asking for would literally double their work load because they would have to patrol the safezone at all times.

I mean holy shit, the stuff they do for you now is extensive, yet somehow it isn't enough.
Man the police don't do anything as far i saw already in my hours. And if this is unraidable alomst everyone will go there and there would not be any bases, which means the role bandit to disappear as well as the police roll.
By BannedHammer
I feel #10 RP1 needs to get their hands on a Mayor. RP2 has been running around with one for about a week now and it has been fantastic. He's made a town for himself and players, renting out rooms to them and even mandating the max size of a house. Some people have gone as far as making their own town just to spite the mayor!

So really, just get a mayor, the rp towns will soon follow after. Many roles will show up after the mayor aswell, like bodyguards because the mayor can't kill for himself.
By Game master

Man the police don't do anything as far i saw already in my hours. And if this is unraidable alomst everyone will go there and there would not be any bases, which means the role bandit to disappear as well as the police roll.
If this safezone is added, everybody will just sit in it. If raids can't happen then nothing will ever get raided. Raiding is part of the damn game, it is Role Play. It gives a player a chance to tear a base up, it gives the base owner a chance to defend their base, and it gives the police a chance to actually do something as a unit.

-1. Seriously against any sort of safezone. Too much work for the mods, too much of a risk.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!