You can talk about our Unturned Roleplay Servers here!
By JeanP103
I found this quirk
Police Raids (Search Warrants): A Police/RCMP Officer, Chief, Deputy or Captain cannot raid a base if baseowner(s) decline their request to seach it, unless a seach warrant is issued by the current Mayor.
During a Police raid, officers of all ranks must take screenshots of the raided base along with any illegal/controlled substances found in the property. A screenshot of the outside of the base must also be taken.
Only base-owners (group) are allowed to defend the base.
Solosaga - Today at 5:12 PM
whats a police
actually a pair of jeans - Today at 5:12 PM
The above rule "During a Police raid, officers of all ranks must take screenshots of the raided base along with any illegal/controlled substances found in the property. A screenshot of the outside of the base must also be taken." doesnt specify that evidence required for a raid must be provided, we just have to screenshot the evidence when found.
Solosaga - Today at 5:12 PM
whats a screenshot
actually a pair of jeans - Today at 5:12 PM
Technically a Captain would only false raid when Evidence isnt found
Aren - Today at 5:13 PM
Actually
you cant raid a base without evidence
of which captains already know that
actually a pair of jeans - Today at 5:13 PM
I know We've always ran with Evidence must be provided prior to base, but I cant find where it specificlaly calls for evidene to be provided.
Aren - Today at 5:13 PM
under 1.0 "Use common sense" :p
if you make a forum post about it
and state what you want clarified
ill look into having it changed a bit
:p
actually a pair of jeans - Today at 5:16 PM
Okay, so "Using common sense" If Everyone tells me and witneses claim to see berry growing and distrubution near and in a location, Common sense would lead to police being able to get rid of a berry farm and then being able to justify their actions trhougb evidence provided of evidence found, it would lead credit to the reason why Officers were promoted, because of their sense of moral right and skills in routing out crime where it hides in plain sight.
Aren - Today at 5:16 PM
if you make a forum post about it
and state what you want clarified
ill look into having it changed a bit
:p
actually a pair of jeans - Today at 5:17 PM
So, If i follow these rules provided as they are to the letter then I do not need to provide proof prior to a raid.
Aren - Today at 5:17 PM
plx make forum post
actually a pair of jeans - Today at 5:17 PM
only screenshots of evidence found and the outisde of the base
Aren - Today at 5:17 PM
so i remember
ok>?
By Aren
still need specifications upon what needs to be edited/changed.
By TrippL
I say there must be screenshots/video of evidence of illegal activity in a base.
JeanP103 liked this
By JeanP103
Please do not Accuse me of breaking a rule, I Jean have never broken a rule, nor been banned.

I have done a lot to benefit the RP side, especially the Police RP side.

I knew that there were berries inside a base.

These are the Rules on Police Raids and Police Captains.

May issue raid warrants to Police Officers at properties containing illegal items. Although the captain must have valid evidence that the location contains illegal items and must have the evidence at hand if questioned, if failure to have evidence the captain can be demoted from their rank.

I have the Evidence, I was Questioned during the raid and after said raid, I provided the Evidence.

Captains were always told to have Evidence before a raid, that is true, but that has always been to prevent Captains from raiding locations that do not contain illegal items. Yet the rules specify to take screenshots during the raid;

Police Raids (Search Warrants): A Police/RCMP Officer, Chief, Deputy or Captain cannot raid a base if baseowner(s) decline their request to seach it, unless a seach warrant is issued by the current Mayor.
During a Police raid, officers of all ranks must take screenshots of the raided base along with any illegal/controlled substances found in the property. A screenshot of the outside of the base must also be taken.
Only base-owners (group) are allowed to defend the base.

Clearly states DURING.

About the Common Sense Rule:
In this scenario, Common sense is used to tell Captains that they should have evidence before a raid,

this is used as a deterrent to prevent Police Captains from stepping on themselves by raiding bases that do not contain illegal items, but I knew for a fact that there were illegal Items in the aforementioned base.

When raided, I followed all rules mentioning Screenshots and made sure I had Evidence to back up my claim that there were indeed Illegal Items in the Base.

Hence this ban, not appropriate.

An appropriate ban/stripping of rank would serve best the Captain that called a raid on a location that did indeed not have illegal items in it.

The line "have evidence prior to the raid" which is not an explicitly stated rule is used as a way to deter Captains from commiting the mistake of raiding a location with no illegal items inside, but here in this case there were illegal items inside, and all rules pertaining to Police Raids were followed.
Mushy liked this
By JeanP103
This ban only halts just Police RP and only hinders the RP of the server.
By JeanP103
What I want Clarified is for Police Captains to be told exactly what to do, in the rules, not three vague lines.

Lines that Actually state the imaginary rule, that is actually more of advice than a "rule", for which you have banned me.

I made a ban appeal and I request the ban be revoked.
By Peppermint_Bark
I say the ban is false, he followed the rules an risked a ban an loss of his role. It doesn't state take screen shots before raiding, you screen shot the outside and the evidence. Although a lot find evidence before raiding it is just so you don't risk a ban, but he risked his role and a ban on the raid. He found berries inside making it not a false raid, I say he should be unbanned as nothing was done wrong. He followed the rules enough said.
By Aren
Ban was fair. He was told less than 7 days ago when he came into teamspeak with Classified, Pug and Myself and we all stated it must be done beforehand.

This thread is not a ban appeal. his appeal was dealt with. Back on topic please
By ACerealBowl
Back then you used to be able to ask someone to search their base. If they said no you were allowed to raid it. That's what I used to do all the time. I'm going to assume you can't do that anymore.
By JeanP103
Take this thread to list any other spots where Player behavior is expected but not legitimately punishable if it is not an explicit rule or "common sense" !!

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!