By Liona
+1
Idka liked this
By ACerealBowl
E X P E R I E N C E T R A N Q U I L I T Y
Idka liked this
By iMC
Any questions? This is going to be fun.

- How is Pandahut's roleplay mechanics and community compared to other roleplay servers you have played on?

- Have you experienced roleplay on server 10 (Washington) and 13 (Prince Edward Island)? If so, what are some differences, if you think there are any, between the two servers?

- What drew you to Unturned? What are you looking forward to in Unturned II (aka Unturned 4.0)?

- You mentioned you were a Computer Science student. Why are you interested in Computer Science? What got you interested in Computer Science?

- What is your opinion on games like Hacknet and Uplink? (If you have played them)

- What are some rule changes that you would like implemented? Map changes? Plugin changes?
Idka liked this
By Liona
iMC why bully the man? He gomna be shitting himself. Also 4.0 gonna be like 3.0 just harder on my cpu and with even more lame "Big Updates" cause he running out of ideas. Also i wonder if he will bother to optimise his game this time.

-tired as heck boy-o
By Idka
Any questions? This is going to be fun.

- How is Pandahut's roleplay mechanics and community compared to other roleplay servers you have played on?

- Have you experienced roleplay on server 10 (Washington) and 13 (Prince Edward Island)? If so, what are some differences, if you think there are any, between the two servers?

- What drew you to Unturned? What are you looking forward to in Unturned II (aka Unturned 4.0)?

- You mentioned you were a Computer Science student. Why are you interested in Computer Science? What got you interested in Computer Science?

- What is your opinion on games like Hacknet and Uplink? (If you have played them)

- What are some rule changes that you would like implemented? Map changes? Plugin changes?
Anyyyyyy questions.

- In my opinion, Pandahut's roleplay mechanics are really odd. Keep in mind, I still don't have a full grasp of the rules, so any examples I bring up might just be my inexperience. The amount of restrictions in the rules makes any roleplay situation not fluid. It makes it harder to interact in character, and I think that's a big problem for me. In some servers, you don't need to really put anything in the chat at all, and it just makes everything easier and more fun. Not only that, but I feel like the rules dive far into the specifics, which in reality should be either common sense or under the moderator's discretion. This is likely a huge turn-off for many new players, and might be the cause of so many players getting punished. I also believe the rules (or laws not sure) are very biased towards police officers, not offering a good balance between police, criminal, and vigilante life.

- I haven't tried 10 yet, but I think I've heard it's a lot more loose and chaotic or something along those lines.

- I had a few friends that played Unturned and got me to try it, and I enjoyed the mechanics. This led me to continue playing and discover the PH servers. I haven't heard much about Unturned II, but I know I'm looking forward to the native plugin interface. I haven't seen any good documentation for Rocketmod, and it makes it very difficult to understand and use.

- I like CS because I'm constantly involved with computers, and it helps me get a deeper understanding of them. I got interested in it by my desire to create things, like Minecraft mods and functional, useful programs.

- I've never played either of those games, but from a quick google, they look pretty cool I guess.

- In terms of map changes, I don't really think there's anything that needs to change. Rules, however, have a lot of room for improvement. I mentioned in an earlier post that a "rule overhaul" might be beneficial to the server in attracting new players. This is because of the pure length and presentation of the rules. I'm still learning the rules myself, but I think there are a few main things that need changing. One of the smaller problems is the use of KOS in the rules. I think it's really misleading because KOS translates to "Kill on Sight", and the act itself is never really bannable unless there is no reason for it. The name of the servers themselves have it right, and the correct term is RDM, otherwise known as random deathmatch. Doesn't this just look contradicting? I also think the warning system requires too many specifics, such as needing to say "do not pull out a weapon". I would even claim requiring the name of the player is too much, considering the initiator is likely looking straight at the player and possibly even saying their name in voice chat. Changes like these would just speed everything up and introduce that fluidity I was referring to. The only other thing I could think of off the top of my head would be to just re-format the rules in a way that's more inviting and easy to navigate. Have more sections for individual roles to tighten up the space it takes, and have hyperlinks to things like commands that people might be interested in. Place all role-specific things at the bottom and have all of the general rules at the top, so that the priority rules are shown first. For example, raiding rules shouldn't be below kidnapping restrictions. Stuffing it all in one jumbled place isn't very appealing and makes it difficult to look for the information you need. In any case, I think there isn't really any plugin changes that need to be made. There are definitely cool additions that could be made to balance out the roles and make them more interesting, but that's for another day. Keep an eye on my suggestions! ;-)
iMC, TomatoChunks liked this
By Yoshi
Welcome to PH! I hope you enjoy your time in the community! I have really liked trouble in terrorist town in the past, and it would be really cool to see in unturned.
Idka liked this
By Idka
Welcome to PH! I hope you enjoy your time in the community! I have really liked trouble in terrorist town in the past, and it would be really cool to see in unturned.
Thanks! I'm considering doing a ton of work after the release of Unturned II, including many of my different wild ideas.
By Miku
- In my opinion, Pandahut's roleplay mechanics are really odd. Keep in mind, I still don't have a full grasp of the rules, so any examples I bring up might just be my inexperience. The amount of restrictions in the rules makes any roleplay situation not fluid. It makes it harder to interact in character, and I think that's a big problem for me. In some servers, you don't need to really put anything in the chat at all, and it just makes everything easier and more fun. Not only that, but I feel like the rules dive far into the specifics, which in reality should be either common sense or under the moderator's discretion. This is likely a huge turn-off for many new players, and might be the cause of so many players getting punished. I also believe the rules (or laws not sure) are very biased towards police officers, not offering a good balance between police, criminal, and vigilante life.
It gets much more fluid and makes a lot more sense the more you play. We do all of the chat stuff for logging and reference. If we made it so you did not have to put anything in chat at all, then it would be impossible to log, and we do not trust witnesses at pandahut, so most modsits would just end with no evidence. If you leave anything to common sense or moderator's discretion, people try tons of loopholes, because "Common Sense" for some people is not very common. If we left any rules to moderator discretion people would get upset because each mod could intercept rules radically different and situations very different. To answer your last statement, yes we are very biased towards Police because a ton of people just pick bandit and try to raid, rob, and otherwise be criminals. I don't think you've ever played on a real professional RP Server before if you think it's bad that rules get to specific lol. Thank you for trying/playing on our servers. We are strict on rules because we need to be, and we need chat in order to log and have evidence for modsits.
Idka liked this
By Idka
It gets much more fluid and makes a lot more sense the more you play. We do all of the chat stuff for logging and reference. If we made it so you did not have to put anything in chat at all, then it would be impossible to log, and we do not trust witnesses at pandahut, so most modsits would just end with no evidence. If you leave anything to common sense or moderator's discretion, people try tons of loopholes, because "Common Sense" for some people is not very common. If we left any rules to moderator discretion people would get upset because each mod could intercept rules radically different and situations very different. To answer your last statement, yes we are very biased towards Police because a ton of people just pick bandit and try to raid, rob, and otherwise be criminals. I don't think you've ever played on a real professional RP Server before if you think it's bad that rules get to specific lol. Thank you for trying/playing on our servers. We are strict on rules because we need to be, and we need chat in order to log and have evidence for modsits.
After reading the rules again, I've come to the conclusion that I may have been too quick to judge. Although I think it could be re-done in a much better format, the rules are not as bad as I originally thought. I must have misread them before, but they seem to need far less improvements then what I had once implied. However, I do firmly believe having a bias towards any group is bad, but I think you simply mean that police cause much less trouble than bandits, which is very understandable. In any case, I think that the only modification to make to the current rules would simply be to get rid of any redundant rules/clean them up (if any) and just reformat the page for easier navigation and a less intimidating scrollbar.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!