Introduce yourself here! (Optional)
By Aren
Welcome to the community! If you need any help feel free to message me in discord/in game or here in the forums!
By Shifty
Thank you all for such a warm welcome and show of support! It's an absolute pleasure to be part of the community.
By Shifty
It's back! You guys are amazing! The community effort made this place even that much better!
Attachments
the hostel.jpg
the hostel.jpg (157.29 KiB) Viewed 4144 times
By Shifty
So not two hours later, it's all gone again. Absolutely unreal. Left a nice little note on what is left of the building, "Merry Christmas ;)"

I'm so sorry for the loss of the work you guys put into bringing the place back for the public. I really appreciate the hard work and effort devoted today to make the server a better place, and I'm terribly sorry for the childish antics of those who took their time to wait for us to log off and destroy it again. I was told earlier during the first raid and destroying of the facility that "If you want to build nice things don't do it on Pandahut servers". I won't let this deter me from doing whatever I can to make this a better place for people to enjoy themselves. I know that PvP servers are a naturally hostile environment but this is a whole different level of hostility, this is intentional, and likely the product of a vindictive player with some sort of grudge. I've never been malicious towards another player, I don't have enemies, so I can't imagine a reason why someone would go so far out of their way to destroy something that was meant to help people. There wasn't a single thing here to loot, absolutely nothing to gain in the slightest. Again, I'm terribly sorry for the loss of the work the community put forth towards rebuilding. I'm going to take some time to do some planning and I promise that I will rebuild after Christmas. Until then I need to do some preparations and planning. Thank you all for your support and help today. I'll see y'all in game.

~Shifty~
Loxtonjoel liked this
By PhantomPear
So not two hours later, it's all gone again. Absolutely unreal. Left a nice little note on what is left of the building, "Merry Christmas ;)"

I'm so sorry for the loss of the work you guys put into bringing the place back for the public. I really appreciate the hard work and effort devoted today to make the server a better place, and I'm terribly sorry for the childish antics of those who took their time to wait for us to log off and destroy it again. I was told earlier during the first raid and destroying of the facility that "If you want to build nice things don't do it on Pandahut servers". I won't let this deter me from doing whatever I can to make this a better place for people to enjoy themselves. I know that PvP servers are a naturally hostile environment but this is a whole different level of hostility, this is intentional, and likely the product of a vindictive player with some sort of grudge. I've never been malicious towards another player, I don't have enemies, so I can't imagine a reason why someone would go so far out of their way to destroy something that was meant to help people. There wasn't a single thing here to loot, absolutely nothing to gain in the slightest. Again, I'm terribly sorry for the loss of the work the community put forth towards rebuilding. I'm going to take some time to do some planning and I promise that I will rebuild after Christmas. Until then I need to do some preparations and planning. Thank you all for your support and help today. I'll see y'all in game.

~Shifty~
Dude if needed, ill come on and help rebuild it i have a decent ammount of cash and im willing to help
By Shifty
Thanks Phantom, I still need to talk to some people and figure out what is going on. The incident that occurred this afternoon involved harassment and admitted hacking which resulted in the ban of one of the parties involved. This was a targeted attack, vindictive in nature, and done not more than 15 minutes after the last member of my group logged off. I logged back on after watching a movie with my niece and nephew to check on things and fuel up the generator and it was destroyed with a note left to mock me. I will certainly take any help I can get, but I need to be smart about this. I don't want to have the time, cash, and effort of others thrown away because I'm being targeted. It just wouldn't be fair to you or the others. I want to get to the bottom of it and solve the underlying issue. I expect to encounter losses, it's a PvP server after all, but there's something else going on and I can't quite put my finger on it. Being told "If you want to build nice things don't do it on Pandahut servers", makes me believe that it's deeper than what is on the surface here. I won't let this stop me, if anything I'm even more motivated to continue trying to help, but I need to be smart about it. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any suggestions on how to proceed. For now I need to do some thinking of my own on how to appropriately address the issue at hand. I feel terrible because the community really came together today to rebuild, without hesitation, and it didn't stand for more than 2 hours. Honestly, I've got a bit of a headache about the whole thing and I need to get some rest and think about how to move forward, solve the problem, and get back to doing what I love. I can't thank you all enough for the love you've shown and the support given. I'll be back on tomorrow and see about getting some people together to toss some ideas around.
By tMoist
Quick question, have you considered placing masses of friendly sentries inside the hotel? Or is that already being done?
By Shifty
I actually had a discussion about that with those who helped rebuild earlier, and that is certainly in my future plans. I can't let the efforts of others be lost again like it was today. Not without a proper fighting chance.
By Shifty
Be sure to tune in to tomorrow episode :laugh:

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!