Introduce yourself here! (Optional)
By Shifty
It's been a very long time since I've been active on forums of any sort, but I really enjoy the game and the community here at PH so here goes nothing :)

My name is Ray (Shifty), I'm 30 years old, and I work from home which gives me tons of free time to delve into video games. I've been a gamer since the days of Atari (yeah, I'm really showing my age now xD). I'm from the extra humid armpit of Maryland, tucked nicely between D.C. and Baltimore in a quiet suburb. I'm a really laid back person, and playfully sarcastic because I enjoy bringing humor into peoples lives. I'm a PvP enthusiast, but I also enjoy helping others just as much (It's a complicated, delicate balance lol). I've been playing on Server #25 for several weeks now (Germany) and the tight knit community has really grown on me and inspired me to reach out and help improve the community and gaming exerience for everyone in any way that I can.

I've played on every map with the exception of Hawaii (I don't really hear many great thing about the map), and since the game is much better enjoyed in the company of friends this is my attempt to reach out and expand horizons a bit. I've been known to be an unorthodox strategist, prefering to look more outside of the box for solutions rather than sticking to the meta. Most notably, DOTA2 is where this part of my personality has been implimented the most. That is also where I earned the name Shifty based on my ability to 'Shift' out of the normal MO of any role at any given time, filling the gaps that are most needed. I've made my living by focusing on my ability to adapt to situations in unique ways, arriving to unexpected but successful solutions to problems that don't qualify as "textbook".

I'm pretty much an open book, prefering not to keep things to myself since this is how we learn and grow as people. I enjoy sharing my experiences, methods, and ideas just as much as I like to hear/read/see those of others. I'm all about growth, and I will always jump at the opportunity to learn something new. Give me a shout if you'd like to team up sometime, I'm always looking to meet new people to enjoy the game with. I'm on and off throughout the day, usually a few hours at a time and I can typically be found on Server #25. I have a public base open to all at the end of the northern Berlin bridge. The door is always open. (Note to raiders: There's nothing of value to steal, nothing is stored here and the doors are open so you don't need to shoot your way in :). I offer free gas, water, shelter, bedrolls, and I personally hand out items at my own expense to new and struggling players in an effort to improve and expand the community)

Thanks for reading, I hope to meet more of you in the future!!

~Shifty~
Loxtonjoel, tMoist liked this
By Abstract Shadow
Unoriginal title but other than that you sound like a great person in your intro
By Shifty
Interesting, in all my years of gaming I've never run into another Shifty. Perhaps it's time for me to consider a new handle since I no longer play DOTA, although I've never been one to enjoy choosing my own nickname. I'll give it some thought.
By Abstract Shadow
Interesting, in all my years of gaming I've never run into another Shifty. Perhaps it's time for me to consider a new handle since I no longer play DOTA, although I've never been one to enjoy choosing my own nickname. I'll give it some thought.
No no no not the name, the title. "They call me Shifty", I just had a feeling you took the title off of a player named TheyCallMeSean.
By TrippL
Welcome to Pandahut, happy you’re here!
By Shifty
Ah, no I can't say I've heard of him. Glad I get to stick to Shifty, though, it's grown on me :) Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm glad to be here!
By tMoist
I felt like I was reading a staff app wow.

Hope to see you in game!
By tMoist
I just saw it, +1'd without a moments hesitation :-D

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!