Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for PvP Servers Here!
Hello, my name is Bird, and I am here to basically represent the whole unturned Pandahut Rust community (server #9), to tell whoever this may concern that bleeding on the Rust server is broken. No one that I have spoken with likes bleeding and most if not all would like it straight up removed. So often you can see in the comments of the frustrations with bleeding and how it creates bad gameplay and makes fights completely unenjoyable. If you have played on the server, you would know that two body shots with a bow can ultimately kill a player just due to bleeding, which is rediculous. Now I know the whole idea is to add a realistic rust feel to the server by having bleeding on but the problem is that in unturned you bleed at a rate of 2-3 health per second compared to rust in which you bleed about one damage every 1.5 seconds. This is a massive difference considering if you finish a fight with 5-6 health left (which happens a lot more than you would think) you are going to die to the bleeding as you can not heal fast enough. Also in Rust, if you get hit by a bow once you might only bleed about 5-10 damage while in unturned if you get hit once you bleed at least 25 damage. Now I know most of you are going to say just use a bandage or something... but that is not a good strat to use when you are getting pushed by another person that knows you are quickly bleeding to death and bandages only heal for 5 hp. Using a med stick in that situation is also not helpful as they do not stop bleeding so, either way, one hit to the body is doing at least 50 damage. Ultimately bleeding on the unturned Rust Server creates bad slow gameplay that takes away from the Rust feel of the Server. Bleeding as it can not be adjusted in Unturned (meaning that the rate and amount of bleeding that is done is set at a fixed amount and cannot be altered) should be removed from Pandahut Server #9 - Mantis Island. (If you are going to vote on the Poll or comment please do not do so without having actual experience on the server with the matter at hand.)

Thank you for your Time.
I personally think the #9 should have bleeding on due to the fact Rust itself has bleeding and bleeding makes fights more punishing.
TheGreenYeti, Mushy liked this
I personally 100% agree with Bird, I can't count the amount of times I've won a fight then shortly after bleed to death and lose all of my items. It's very frustrating winning a fight fair and square but the loser still screwing you over and keeping all of your items. I would love if bleeding would be removed from the server.
bird1234 liked this
Hi.
I have only played a bit of Unturned Rust, but a few hundred hours of actual Rust.
As YOU said, bleeding in Unturned can't be adjusted, so not playing Unturned Rust really isn't relevant as I've played on plenty of servers that have bleeding.
The issues you described are also present in real Rust, and core mechanics of the game.
In actual Rust, the Hunting bow deals 50 base damage (60 if you use a fire arrow, which equates to 90 if you headshot with a fire arrow), reduced by any armor you have. Most of the time, 2 body shots with a bow and failing to promptly heal WILL be fatal, so there's nothing wrong with this - you take around the same damage - maybe slightly more - and some of it is delayed.
In a fight in Rust, you HAVE to win decisively, or be very good at avoiding your opponent while you heal. Pushing while an opponent is bleeding makes perfect sense, and would happen even if you didn't bleed for as long.
Fights in Rust are MEANT to be hard, and not a great deal of fun. They are vicious, grizzly affairs that almost never go well if you aren't a great shot, or have a teammate's help.
There is nothing wrong with bleeding as you've described it.
Toughen up and learn to bandage more often.

Oh, also, no. You do NOT "represent the whole unturned Pandahut Rust community". You have not made extensive attempts to gather opinions from everyone that plays, and you have not considered that players who don't mind or like bleeding wouldn't be complaining about it. The people you've heard from are the ones that don't care for it. Have you ever held some form of formal survey about this? I imagine there are at least a few Unturned Rust players who like it fine and don't bother with forums because, as far as they can see, the server is fine and doesn't need their input.
Hi.
I have only played a bit of Unturned Rust, but a few hundred hours of actual Rust.
As YOU said, bleeding in Unturned can't be adjusted, so not playing Unturned Rust really isn't relevant as I've played on plenty of servers that have bleeding.
The issues you described are also present in real Rust, and core mechanics of the game.
In actual Rust, the Hunting bow deals 50 base damage (60 if you use a fire arrow, which equates to 90 if you headshot with a fire arrow), reduced by any armor you have. Most of the time, 2 body shots with a bow and failing to promptly heal WILL be fatal, so there's nothing wrong with this - you take around the same damage - maybe slightly more - and some of it is delayed.
In a fight in Rust, you HAVE to win decisively, or be very good at avoiding your opponent while you heal. Pushing while an opponent is bleeding makes perfect sense, and would happen even if you didn't bleed for as long.
Fights in Rust are MEANT to be hard, and not a great deal of fun. They are vicious, grizzly affairs that almost never go well if you aren't a great shot, or have a teammate's help.
There is nothing wrong with bleeding as you've described it.
Toughen up and learn to bandage more often.

Oh, also, no. You do NOT "represent the whole unturned Pandahut Rust community". You have not made extensive attempts to gather opinions from everyone that plays, and you have not considered that players who don't mind or like bleeding wouldn't be complaining about it. The people you've heard from are the ones that don't care for it. Have you ever held some form of formal survey about this? I imagine there are at least a few Unturned Rust players who like it fine and don't bother with forums because, as far as they can see, the server is fine and doesn't need their input.
Yes, I see your point as I to have 500 hours in actual Rust but the problem is that the pace of gameplay and fights are completely different. In Rust, especially with the new AK recoil update, fights take way longer and require a mastery of the recoil and the movement is significantly slower. In unturned you can close ground in a much faster manner by jump sprinting and enassing your way to your opponent; also the distance fights occur at is much closer in unturned due to the poor graphics and guns very limited range. You simply do not have the time in unturned rust to use a bandage and heal as you will be rushed. Also as you stated you play rust and I am then guessing that you know in the middle of a fight you rarely have time to bandage up... med stick up... then get back to fighting. Most players will pop a med stick and get right back into the fight (at least all high-level players I know and play with). But if you do that in unturned rust, you are losing 20 hp in a matter of 5 seconds to bleeding alone so that med is useless. Also in rust, you tend to use the terrain of where you are fighting to gain the advantage to heal. In unturned (rust) that is not present, as speaking from a lot of experience, often almost all the fights are in open barren plains where your only cover (if you are lucky) is a tree. To your point about bows and there damage I was speaking on the basis that the person you are shooting at is wearing armor (coffee-can/roadsign)... and you know as someone that has played rust it takes at least 4 body shots with a bow to kill someone in rust when they are wearing such gear. Bleeding also in rust deals damage based on the location of the hit, the armor the player is wearing, and the weapon that was used. Unturned does not account for these factors (maybe location but I have seen no proof of that). And to your final point about speaking on behalf of the unturned rust population, I have often asked this exact question about bleeding in the server to see if others feel the way I do. I have discussed this issue, with people that play on your server every day, and out of all these people I have not gotten one response in favor of keeping bleeding. That is why I choose to make this thread and to tell you I am not just speaking for myself when I bring up this complaint. Many of the people I have played against have already voiced their opinions on the subject matter others said they are going to. I understand what I said can be misleading and I am willing to remove that portion from my complaint if you wish.
Also, the game mechanics of Unturned are set up to stop bleeding, as every single med in unturned stops bleeding immedately so you are not punished by the harsh effects bleeding has in the game. While in (unturned) rust that is just not the case as even when you use a med stick (the equivalent to a bandage in actual unturned... but it does not stop bleeding) you are still heavily burdened by the damage the bleeding has been such rapid and fatal rates. In actual rust, bleeding can also have harsh effects but it is not anywhere near as fast nor does it deal nearly as much damage. In my opinion, if the %s' cannot be adjusted the best thing is just to remove it entirely.
In Rust, especially with the new AK recoil update, fights take way longer and require a mastery of the recoil and the movement is significantly slower. In unturned you can close ground in a much faster manner by jump sprinting and enassing your way to your opponent; also the distance fights occur at is much closer in unturned due to the poor graphics and guns very limited range
Honestly the issue here is more that Unturned doesn't have very relevant armor - I think the most you can get in Unturned is 25% off of chest, 10% off of leg, and 15% off of head damage. (Unless the modded gear went above these limits, in which case by all means) In rust, you can get 50% on head, 45% on chest, and I believe 30ish on legs. It's quite high.
often almost all the fights are in open barren plains where your only cover (if you are lucky) is a tree.
If you're in open planes, and don't have a scope, you should be able to spot out enemies from 100m or further if you have your render distance cranked up. In rust, I'll admit you can very rarely spot players and shoot from rather extreme distances with end-game gear (Bolty, HV ammo, 4x scope) but the vast majority of the time fights are in very close quarters, and are very quick and decisive. The recoil on the AK is hardly relevant when you're bow fighting, and whenever they have a bit more range to work with, skilled players will seek to just put down two headshots with the AK, which is universally enough damage to drop a player. Furthermore, a tree is PLENTY of cover if you move back from it and abuse the large vision deadzone it creates.
every single med in unturned stops bleeding immedately so you are not punished by the harsh effects bleeding has in the game.
No. This statement is wrong.
The Splint, Bloodbag, Cough Syrup, Purification Tablets, Vitamins, Painkillers, Antibiotics, Adrenaline and Morphine all restore health, and do not remove bleeding. In fact, there are only 5 meds (the 3 bandage variants, medkit and suturekit) that DO stop bleeding while 9 do not.

Oh, and also?
On medium difficulty, bleeding does one damage per second. If it really is doing 2-3 a second someone set that up on purpose. Especially considering your claim of losing at least 25 health if hit with bleeding where it caps at 20 second.
And in case the server is hard (I can't really be bothered to check) the bleeding has the same damage per second, and just lasts until stopped. If you're complaining about getting bowed down while running around geared - well - too bad. Just shoot them. The real issue here is that bows are much easier to aim in unturned than they are in Rust.
If you're in open planes, and don't have a scope, you should be able to spot out enemies from 100m or further if you have your render distance cranked up. In rust, I'll admit you can very rarely spot players and shoot from rather extreme distances with end-game gear (Bolty, HV ammo, 4x scope) but the vast majority of the time fights are in very close quarters, and are very quick and decisive. The recoil on the AK is hardly relevant when you're bow fighting, and whenever they have a bit more range to work with, skilled players will seek to just put down two headshots with the AK, which is universally enough damage to drop a player. Furthermore, a tree is PLENTY of cover if you move back from it and abuse the large vision deadzone it creates.

The point that i am making is not about the cover but is about the pace of game and how players in unturned are able to cover more ground (with max speed skills of course which every player has after using kit xp) at extremely faster rates. The movement and game mechanics are completely different in this way across both games. Unturned is set up for bleeding to be more fatal, while in rust bleeding is more of an afterthought (in the middle of a fight). As you said you have never played on the server before I can see that you are ignorant to the struggle of bleeding off 60 health after getting hit once by a python (this happened yesterday) or getting hit by an ak once and dying to bleed (also happened yesterday with armor). To you next point about meds... the 2 most commonly used meds in the game are bandages (by a large large margin) and next I would say medkits (mainly due to modded servers). Both of these are designed to stop bleeding. Why do you think Nelson made bandages basically the starting med you used. It is to stop the fatal and harsh impact that bleeding has while still giving back a large amount of health. In rust, bleeding does not have nearly the same consequences so there is basically no comparison across the gameplay. I would also love to see your "bleeding statics" as i can tell you from first-hand experience bleeding goes at rates of at least i would say 1 hp every .6 seconds (on at least exponentially faster than rust to the point in which it is game-breaking).
every single med in unturned stops bleeding immedately so you are not punished by the harsh effects bleeding has in the game.
No. This statement is wrong.
The Splint, Bloodbag, Cough Syrup, Purification Tablets, Vitamins, Painkillers, Antibiotics, Adrenaline and Morphine all restore health, and do not remove bleeding. In fact, there are only 5 meds (the 3 bandage variants, medkit and suturekit) that DO stop bleeding while 9 do not.

Oh, and also?
On medium difficulty, bleeding does one damage per second. If it really is doing 2-3 a second someone set that up on purpose. Especially considering your claim of losing at least 25 health if hit with bleeding where it caps at 20 second.
And in case the server is hard (I can't really be bothered to check) the bleeding has the same damage per second, and just lasts until stopped. If you're complaining about getting bowed down while running around geared - well - too bad. Just shoot them. The real issue here is that bows are much easier to aim in unturned than they are in Rust.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!