Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for PvP Servers Here!
By bigmunchy
Howdy, this is bigmunchy
I have been playing on these pvp servers for a few weeks now and I have a decent amount of hours in that game. I have noticed recently a massive balance issue with the price of guns. For example and this is the reason why, a desert falcon, a high cal pistol, cost 90 bamboo does about 80 base damage to a player that is wearing a helmet, with that being said a colt which is a starter pistol, an can be gained from kits cost 300, which is three times as much as the falcon. Now picture this, first time on panda hut servers all the kits and commands gives you that thrilling experience of starting over, you spend a few hour on the server and find out you can sell and buy stuff, in which you see as an easy way to get guns. After grinding for a bit searching around you come across a legendary quality pistol, now you don't like to use pistols lets say you prefer your nightrider you loyally take everywhere, so you decide to sell it, you gain +54 bamboo for a very rare weapon, when a colt sells for 120 bamboo. Now this makes you upset but you press on. Now you have a base, lots of nice stuff and you have made your home and dumped around 20K bamboo into that base. Later you are under attack constantly using /home and wasting money buying honey badgers for 425 bamboo each. They group of three you are fighting as a solo keeps placing beds in bushes and running at you hitting you with two shots from the falcon killing you, and taking your gun. He fights for hours against the seemingly unending storm of enemies. He losses his base and is very sad but he realizes that its just a game and presses on. He gets more loot and finds a naked guy, showing some kindness he helps him and gives him a alicepack, as he turns around the guy sells the pack buys a falcon and kills our hero. He is very very mad and looks into how, he finds that the gun that two shots people is only 90 bamboo, at this point the man has given up and leaves pandahut for good after being a active member and considering donating for a month. This is just an example, I personally am still around on the servers and don't give up easily after so many hour you learn to live with getting raided, killed, and having to start over. However this is an example of what can happen to newer players that wanted to make a home but simply couldn't, people that enjoyed pvp but also wanted it to be fair. Now this is not the only balance issue in the shop, as most sub machine guns cost more than assault rifles, this is just the most predominate example. Now I ask you to up vote this so that can be patched, so stories like our hero's don't happen.
By TrippL
For the gun part i can agree but you can always just play on a less populated server to avoid raids, being raided in 24hrs or less is almost inevitable on any server in Unturned that has uconomy. One other problem i see is that explosives in general cost to much or high cal gun prices should be raised further
By King_Of_Spades
Major +1,
Have been facing this problem for ages, atleast 35% of my kills on players on pandahut have been people trying to use falcons, and whenever I die, and someone spawns beside me, they always buy a falcon and kill me before I can even load it.
By bigmunchy
I thought of a way that this could be fixed, if the admins/owners are open to suggestions I thought of a formula that might work for guns, this would price them based on overall stats and rarity, and usefulness.
Ammo(X2 if high cal, X1.5 if can dmg armor) + range + firemode (100 for auto 50 burst) + firerate X10 + Base dmg X2 - Bullet drop, spread rate and recoil (both horizontal and vertical) X rarity ratio (.5 common and uncommon, .8 Rare, 1 epic, 1.25 legendary)
This is a very basic form that has not been tested and is very subject to change.
Exe. A Colt would cost around 100 which is fair for a common gun and a night raider would cost 450 which isn’t far off from its normal price, now some common sense will be needed, to buff or nerf the price. Also I believe the sale price should be 1/3 of the price of the gun, with buildables their is a difference in pricing because it should be cheaper to buy an item then buy all it’s parts and factors need to be added to prevent people from exploiting any flaws. Also building materials should be sold for higher exe A log should sell for 50, this makes if easier to make money off of farming (which is a good thing it helps those who are broke make money to have fun and pvp) but the price of the buildable should be more expensive to sell then just selling it’s raw materials, not by much but it would become a more of a time price, like if I am farming I can sell the raw materials or make a little more and spend some time crafting. However materials buy price should stay higher to prevent exploitation.
I can make a fair price idea spread sheet if need be
By Aren
OPPvP or Pvp O.o You didnt state. Im going to assume this is NORMAL pvp as a oppvp honeybadger costs 106.25
By bigmunchy
It is normal, sorry for not being more specific.
By Toothless
In terms I do agree with gun costs thing. But raiding and all that should be expected on a kit pvp server, which also has a shop system. If you really want a server where you can base for awhile and have the same pvp experience I suggest you play on our vannila++ server Russia #21
TrippL liked this
By bigmunchy
The raiding was just an example of why the cheap guns was a problem l, I am fine with raiding, I have raided and been raided. Raiding is not the problem, it was meant to emphasize one of the ways cheap guns were being exploited. Just think of it as a simple PvP fight not a raid, it just the main character lost everything afterwards.
Last edited by bigmunchy on February 1st, 2018, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Miku
I thought of a way that this could be fixed, if the admins/owners are open to suggestions I thought of a formula that might work for guns, this would price them based on overall stats and rarity, and usefulness.
Ammo(X2 if high cal, X1.5 if can dmg armor) + range + firemode (100 for auto 50 burst) + firerate X10 + Base dmg X2 - Bullet drop, spread rate and recoil (both horizontal and vertical) X rarity ratio (.5 common and uncommon, .8 Rare, 1 epic, 1.25 legendary)
This is a very basic form that has not been tested and is very subject to change.
Exe. A Colt would cost around 100 which is fair for a common gun and a night raider would cost 450 which isn’t far off from its normal price, now some common sense will be needed, to buff or nerf the price. Also I believe the sale price should be 1/3 of the price of the gun, with buildables their is a difference in pricing because it should be cheaper to buy an item then buy all it’s parts and factors need to be added to prevent people from exploiting any flaws. Also building materials should be sold for higher exe A log should sell for 50, this makes if easier to make money off of farming (which is a good thing it helps those who are broke make money to have fun and pvp) but the price of the buildable should be more expensive to sell then just selling it’s raw materials, not by much but it would become a more of a time price, like if I am farming I can sell the raw materials or make a little more and spend some time crafting. However materials buy price should stay higher to prevent exploitation.
I can make a fair price idea spread sheet if need be
Raising the price of the falcon is a good idea, but using a formula would never work, no gun is made equal and it'd take far less time to get new prices for some them all without using a stupidly complex formula anyway.
Danny Dog liked this
By bigmunchy
Yeah it was just an example of ways to improve the system, sorry I am a more mathematical oriented person. If you still want I can go through and find some recommend prices and run them by you.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!